Experience With Chrysler?

Full Curl

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone with a similar experience as mine, or some direction on what my options are.
We have a 2010 Grand Caravan that we purchased new. In July at 60,000 km the tranny had a "catastrophic internal failure".
Hauled in to dealer and got a courtesy vehicle (Caravan also) a few days after taking it in. Long story shortened a bit, the tranny eneded up being back ordered and it took 33 days to see van again. Also cost us a windshield for the courtesy van because the wife took a rock on the highway.
Engine light came on when wife was driving it home. Nothing major seemed wrong and she had it for about a week. Finally got it back in on Sept. 14 and this time got a Journey to use. Apparently the intake manifold gasket failed and some valve body on tranny failed. Guess what? Back order again! Needed their Journey back after a week or 2 and gave us a Nittro. Called yesterday for an update and they say they can't solve tranny issue. Service man says if it were his call it would be another new unit but they are waiting for word from Dodge tech. Not even a clue as to how much longer it might be.
Now I'm getting pissy. 75 days today. I want to know who to talk to about the payments/ insurance/ warranty that we have lost so far, not to mention the irritation factor.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If dodge is no help I would get some legal advice and this will also get dodge from dragging there feet any further.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If dodge is no help I would get some legal advice and this will also get dodge from dragging there feet any further.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2
dont watse your money seeking legal advice that wont happen only so called lawyer will make some cash and then your even more pissed than you were before.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. We have a 08 town and country and other than the wife getting water in something and every light ect going off ( had to let it dry out for 2 days ) its been 100 % ours has the 6 speed trans and 3.8v6 which I wanted cause its so wide open to work on and dodge has used that motor for many years.

The new vvt chit is just more chit to go wrong.

sent from my htc

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had much the same experience with a chrysler cirrus LXi, motor went at 65,000kms and we had purchased extended warranty. little did we know, it was not a chrysler warranty plan the dealer sold us but through GE Capital. we had a loaner cirrus LX for almost 3 months while each failed part had to be sent away to be approved for warranty. they put a new motor in it and we traded it in right away. no more chrysler products for us.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Sounds familiar. Gave up on chrysler after two new units, techs as bad as the vehicle its self, dozen plus chevs and nothing warranty needed for.
All you can do is keephounding them extensively and ensure they are on speed dial and never buy their product again. Worked for me

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 caravans and 4-2500/3500's never had those issues the few warranty issues have always been dealt with very reasonably. So for now all I see is rams in the future

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Chrysler Canada. With the way warranty is working now you can't just replace the tranny,it has to be pulled apart and the problem identified and repaired. Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon or the dealer is stringing you along. As a Chrysler tech I haven't seen too many problems with the new vans.

Pecos

Reaction score
Nothing you can do.......All manufacturers reserve the right to do whatever they like under warranty.......and don't think that switching manufacturers is going to make it any better......It's ALL JUNK......that's what unionized labor get's you nowadays.....

Top Bottom