Exhaust springs

corey.greene

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has changed there exhaust springs to a lighter one or heavier? What have you noticed? Any info would be great. Was just browsing the catalogs and see they have different spring strengths available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IIRC they are used to compensate for different elevation, as there is less cylinder pressure to open the valves at high elevation you run a softer spring and vice versa. I just run the ones recommended by polaris for my elevation.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I as well as many others have changed out to the pink springs. I also removed the Tee in the Valve and installed a plug to let the valves operate on spring pressure alone(left the solenoid plugged in to avoid error codes). Many on SW claim smoother operation quicker opening etc. I never really noticed any negative effects, so i left them plugged. I mainly enjoyed that mod because there was no more black goo anywhere in my belly pan. IMG_2467 (800x598).jpg

corey.greene

Reaction score
I was thinking about going to a softer spring. I've never heard of disconnecting the t. May be something to look into. Audette where do you ride? Elevation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode that sled multiple places/elevations with that set up, Kakwa, Valemount, Revy and Golden.

Top Bottom