Exhaust on 07 outlander 650

Mike_505_SXF

Reaction score
Hey there I picked up a hmf pipe for a 07 650 outlander and was curious if I can just install it or if it is a must to have a power commander and air filter?

Thanks
Mike

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed an HMF on my 800 and all I did was put a UNI air filter in it. Sometimes when I let off the throttle, it will pop a little, but it hasn't hindered the engine performance at all... and it has increased the power a bit. I also run only premium fuel, with a little octane boost, to make sure that the engine is getting a decent octane. I noticed a power gain when I switched to premium also. Good luck and enjoy the beautiful HMF sound! :beer::d:beer:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed an HMF on my 800 and all I did was put a UNI air filter in it. Sometimes when I let off the throttle, it will pop a little, but it hasn't hindered the engine performance at all...

I'm getting a little popping from my 2010 800 Outlander as well. I have an HMF and a UNI air filter. The popping didn't actually start until after I switched the stock paper/ plastic monster air filter for the UNI.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a little popping from my 2010 800 Outlander as well. I have an HMF and a UNI air filter. The popping didn't actually start until after I switched the stock paper/ plastic monster air filter for the UNI.
I have the quiet core for mine, and when it's installed, it doesn't pop at all. Only when the pipe is unrestricted.

ChinRat

Reaction score
Any after-market pipe will make your ride run lean. Over time that will have some ill effects on the motor, power commander or optimizer is a good way to eliminate this from happening.

Top Bottom