Exercise Program

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joined the gym at work. I'm trying interval training on the treadmill for 30 minutes on weekdays. It's a cycle of 3-6-3-7-3-8-3-9 mph (1 min intervals) for 3 cycles unless I feel good and add one more.

I also have a 15-20 minute routine with dumbells that I'm starting now that my shoulder can take it. I'm also trying to eat 6 times a day to boost my metabolism.

Before the summer I started a 12 week Body for Life program and lost 15 lbs but the summer schedule and some trips to Vegas killed all of my progress. Hard to run anywhere in Vegas.

Can't work out at home anymore with my 2009 HD Fatbob sitting in the garage :) Picked it up on Saturday and now I'm torn between snow and nice weather.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to work out a LOT for firefighting, every morning I go for a little over an hour. Not big by any means, but endurance is the key for any activity. M-W-F: 3-5 mile run, leg and ab exercises on the machines. Tu-Th: 1-2 mile run to get the cardio up, arm workouts on the machine, pull-ups, mostly upper body. Sat is reserved for more of a "fun" workout, usually a trail run or along the river or kayak trip. Sunday rest.

I always laugh at the guys spending big bucks to lighten up thir sled, when a gym membership will make a much bigger impact on the overall weight they take into the back-country.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always laugh at the guys spending big bucks to lighten up thir sled, when a gym membership will make a much bigger impact on the overall weight they take into the back-country.

Exactly, and they will be able to handle that sled alot easier when they are fit.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just started hitting the elliptical, trying to eat better. I decided to wear a speedo in mexico in Jan, so hopefully I drop a few lb's before then...:beer:;)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just started hitting the elliptical, trying to eat better. I decided to wear a speedo in mexico in Jan, so hopefully I drop a few lb's before then...:beer:;)

speeedo:eek: dont do it....

I ride dirt bike and quad in summer and getting pulled behind the boat helps a bit too, its easier to stay in shape then to try a miracle come back....

but I do a lot more stretching going into winter, some extra sit-ups push-ups and 20 mins a day stretching so when I am jump n rail to rail or away from trees I dont rip my chit... luckily I am naturally not a heavy guy so this makes things easier I guess.

and if anyone needs to shred 20lbs go on a rock star diet for 2 months...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nooo Proooblem, I just ride with younger healthier guys...they pull me out when I'm stuck, which is quite often...lol...

ONLY WHEN THEY'RE AROUND.... OTHERWISE ITS ME AND MY SNO-BUNJE PULLIN' YOUR AZZ OUT!!! 2 OLD FELLERS HUFFIN' N PUFFIN' IN THE THIN MOUNTAIN AIR TRYIN' TO UNSTUCK THE WRABBITS SLED...... WHAT A SITE. :beer:;):beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep, and I'm ok with and old guy in bad shape helping out...lo....
ONLY WHEN THEY'RE AROUND.... OTHERWISE ITS ME AND MY SNO-BUNJE PULLIN' YOUR AZZ OUT!!! 2 OLD FELLERS HUFFIN' N PUFFIN' IN THE THIN MOUNTAIN AIR TRYIN' TO UNSTUCK THE WRABBITS SLED...... WHAT A SITE. :beer:;):beer:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chasing girls that gets me in shape.....lol. No I have started jogging with my wife. So I guess I really am chasing a girl!:d

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
I have an overly hyper 2 year old Chocolate Lab Retriever who pretty much requires at least a 45 minute walk first thing in the morning just to keep from destroying my house while I am at work. I always claimed that the only time you would catch me running is if somebody was chasing me, but 3 weeks ago I started running with her and after the initial soreness I actually really like it.
The first time you run, 5 minutes feels like an eternity but once you get out a few times its amazing how quickly the body adapts and you can go much longer.
Looking forward to having a bit more stamina when wrestling with my sled up in the mountains.
My dog is like the energizer bunny. She makes Speer Racer look like he's standing still.

Attachments

• Daisie 038.jpg
    Daisie 038.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 38

dmj1

Reaction score
I eat healthy ( low fat) run 5km 4 times a week . quad,camping, sledding, hunting
stay very active oh ya and drink some beer

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
walking with the kids and now riding bikes pulling the youngest one around, and work. Got to get back into shape to keep pulling cr500's heavy ass vector around every 5 feet cause it's a boat anchor.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started weaning myself off the barley sandwiches and cheezies. I now no longer quad walk the hounds I actually dug out and blow the dust off my running shoes and walk the dogs for about an hour a day in the evening, weather permitting...

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coach sons hockey, play beer league hockey, own small business, never seems like enough hours in the day to workout.:spot::spot::spot:

Top Bottom