Excavating over septic field

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys gonna break ground tomorrow will let you know how she goes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario you dig it up and start with new pipe that will last you another 30 years?

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario you dig it up and start with new pipe that will last you another 30 years?

I’m gonna swamp or probe, I have smaller equipment I can use for that area if need be not wanting to redo the septic system just the lawn lol

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we want to strip the pour quality field grass, put down an inch of loan and sod was gonna use a skid steer. We aren’t going anywhere near the tank it’s over the field. Any concerns? The ground seems firm.
Its never a good idea to go over any field with a machine BUT if its infiltrators and 16'' or more below ground a small track machine and go in between runs you should be ok

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys gonna break ground tomorrow will let you know how she goes.

If your running a wheeled machine stay between the laterals, regardless what type of field you have, do not run over them. If your running a track machine, cross the laterals at a 90 degree angle. Try to avoid driving down them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This had been a good read. Information from those who walk the talk and then true to S&M form, also information from all the S&M "experts".

I sure hope your handle name has nothing to do with the outcome. Good luck!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did this in my back yard, get a few loads of loam spatter it out with skidsteer mine was S205 and drug it with harrows and a piece of floor grating, reseeded and am hoping for the best.. it you can get it steel floor grating for industrial walkways works great pulled by a quad. The serrated stuff levels awesome.

Top Bottom