EVO Super Chute Viper 275 hp - Stock Compression

EVO 1

Reaction score
Gene,

We will be extending Snow Check Pricing until 6/1/14. This is due to the fact that we may not get up to Canada until the first week in May. We are still waiting for big Jim from Thunderstruck to give us the dates. We should know soon.

Jim
EVO

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of good information was posted on a thread that showcased a competitor's product....then, the privilege of being a paid sponsor was exercised and that thread was pulled. (I see I got a ton of negative rep for daring question a paid sponsor's motives...awesome) Could you gents please re-post the info on this EVO thread? Please don't mention any competitor....or this thread, like several others, will be pulled. There was an explanation of why you guys use larger injectors and a few other good bits of information.

08nytro

Reaction score
A lot of good information was posted on a thread that showcased a competitor's product....then, the privilege of being a paid sponsor was exercised and that thread was pulled. (I see I got a ton of negative rep for daring question a paid sponsor's motives...awesome) Could you gents please re-post the info on this EVO thread? Please don't mention any competitor....or this thread, like several others, will be pulled. There was an explanation of why you guys use larger injectors and a few other good bits of information.

Sounds good. Soon as he posts it up I'm sure there's lots of people that are not paid sponsors can ruin this 1 too. Just like you

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree. Funny how one person acting as two can throw things sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
The larger injector question answered went something like this.
3 things that make larger injectors scaled not work properly:
1. Injectors used are to large to minimize the pulse width enough.
2. Injectors of poor quality or tolerance.
3. Tuner doesn't know how to do it properly.
Any one or all three scenarios can cause rough idle and irradic lower rpm range issues. As I had said I have never had anyone need to adjust the tuning on any Cat kit, don't expect that to be the case with the Viper either. The scaled injectors, variable fuel maps at the turn of a switch, and being able to adjust timing in the tuning make this kit have features others don't have. Not saying other kits don't work, just stating the facts about this one.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, if tuned properly they work great, Im running 1000cc injectors in my 1200 doo and idles no different then stock, it's all in having a good tunner.

EVO 1

Reaction score
It is true that putting larger injectors can cause low speed idle and driveablity issues in cars, sleds, ect. Usually this is the result of either A) Not having the ability to scale the injectors properly - in other words, just putting larger injectors in without having the ability to reduce the pulse width - accepting rich AFRs at low load in order to supply enough fuel under boost B) Installing injectors that are too large and cannot physically be controlled adquatey at low load C) Crappy (Cheap) injectors that have too much variability.

On the other hand, good injectors that are correct for the target horsepower can be controlled to run EXACTLY like stock injectors. When we partnered with MPI a few years ago, one of the first projects they wanted done was control larger injectors using the factory ECU. We took a 100% stock Nytro, installed 550cc injectors and changed the injector scaling tables. The machine ran identically to a stock Nytro at all throttle positions including idle.

We could do the injector scaling with the Viper ECU as well, but our piggyback is so good that it is not necessary. We can do the same scaling without having to flash the ecu.

The running quality of our kit is excellent. No adjustments are necessary for altitude and temperature. For those need to be able to adjust boost, fuel, timing, etc - we may make this option available.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much timing do you pull ? Up here where I live the 91 we get at the pumps is questionable at the best of times and I don't trust it....its so bad that Perrin had to adjust the timing curve on my WRX to be safe...I don't know why USA gas is better :confused:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much timing do you pull ? Up here where I live the 91 we get at the pumps is questionable at the best of times and I don't trust it....its so bad that Perrin had to adjust the timing curve on my WRX to be safe...I don't know why USA gas is better :confused:
Ditto. On my MCX I used to run a shot of Torco Accelerator just to be safe, I had lots of buddies tell me to just run the premium and don't worry about it, but I just never felt comfy with this.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
On the Cat's we've never had 91 octane issues on the kits or the reflashes. I would assume that using the same parameters the Viper will be fine also.

The current tunes are 91 and most likely 100. On the Cat kits when we didnt have the multimap option we didn't sell hardly any 91 or 93 octane kits, mostly 100. Now 90% do the multimap option but I suspect most still run the 100 map. With av so available it's easier than mixing for some.

noob

Reaction score
Ditto. On my MCX I used to run a shot of Torco Accelerator just to be safe, I had lots of buddies tell me to just run the premium and don't worry about it, but I just never felt comfy with this.

agree 100%. always run 50/50 but dont' need to. peace of mind. You running a nytro right DaveB.

Top Bottom