EVO Super Chute Viper 275 hp - Stock Compression

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

This is a must read and follow... EVO much like MCX understand Engine Management & Quality Products... This may be something to add to the want list for many! So soon to release details on 275 HP Super Chute Kit... With stock Compression - Fuel Requirements to follow they say!
Nothing new there. We have been running that kind of power all season on stock compression.
You can do that with water to air intercooler. Not a chance with air to air or non intercooled unless you wanted to run straight race gas.
Every high performance kit will have a water to air option eventually. Even the Ford Superduty 6.7 Diesel uses a water to air intercooler.
Why wouldn't everyone want to make more power on less boost?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes , I remember being told years ago that running stock compression could not be done and i would have nothing but trouble , I have never ran below 12lb , so never did do a map for pump gas and I agree a good water/air intercooler is a must.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing new there. We have been running that kind of power all season on stock compression.
You can do that with water to air intercooler. Not a chance with air to air or non intercooled unless you wanted to run straight race gas.
Every high performance kit will have a water to air option eventually. Even the Ford Superduty 6.7 Diesel uses a water to air intercooler.

Nothing new here folks... Move along....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you guys changing the head bolts out ? I would think the stock torque to yield bolts would be a ticking time bomb

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nothing new. Just like running extra injectors and a "EIC" (extra injector controller) with a turbo for reliable boost without screwing with stock low booster performance. Who would have thought of that? Oh wait MCX did.... over a decade ago.

Tired of being a lurker on here. Been sledding for years and in AB for 58+ years. I know NM has his minions all over the websites to slap anyone who disagrees with the master copycat, but that's OK...I'm an old man and don't care. See ya in Valemont.

Last edited:

NM

Reaction score
Nothing new. Just like running extra injectors and a "EIC" (extra injector controller) with a turbo for reliable boost without screwing with stock low booster performance. Who would have thought of that? Oh wait MCX did.... over a decade ago.

Tired of being a lurker on here. Been sledding for years and in AB for 58+ years. I know NM has his minions all over the websites to slap anyone who disagrees with the master copycat, but that's OK...I'm an old man and don't care. See ya in Valemont.
Sorry but you should elaborate on the BS.
BTW...Henry Ford didn't invent the automobile....but did he make it better?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the mcx controller works well, but is locked up, it is so nice to use NM's XIC, easy to make a quick change and works very well....and a Canadian product

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if by "minions" you mean satisfied customers, then I guess you could be correct.

from what I have seen, his kits and setups consistently outperform many others that run higher boost numbers. he's doing something right

EVO 1

Reaction score
In designing our own Viper kit, we wanted to do all of the things we do on our NA to Turbo Porsche conversions to make the best running kit possible. Properly spec'd turbos (TiAL), timing control, electronic boost control, liquid to air, scaled, drop in factory replacement injectors, altitude compensating and a rising rate fuel system. While none of this is new, I don't believe any other manufacturer has all of these things wrapped up in one Viper kit. I try to refrain from commenting on other manufacturers kits.

Clode - yes, we put head studs in our Viper. Although they will not be part of the kit, they are highly recommended.

NM

Reaction score
In designing our own Viper kit, we wanted to do all of the things we do on our NA to Turbo Porsche conversions to make the best running kit possible. Properly spec'd turbos (TiAL), timing control, electronic boost control, liquid to air, scaled, drop in factory replacement injectors, altitude compensating and a rising rate fuel system. While none of this is new, I don't believe any other manufacturer has all of these things wrapped up in one Viper kit. I try to refrain from commenting on other manufacturers kits.

Clode - yes, we put head studs in our Viper. Although they will not be part of the kit, they are highly recommended.
I should have been more specific in my comment about nothing new. I meant making 270-300 HP on stock compression is nothing new.
Your kit looks good and I'm sure you will do well with it. The fact that your kit also uses water to air intercooling is why the kit is able to make good power on stock compression while helping to prevent detonation.
Most people do not understand the benefits of water to air so educating is as important as information on these topics.
Congrats on your kit...I would love to see one in the hills someday.
Welcome to the site!

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what fuel controller are you using with your kits ? What charge tube temps are you seeing at higher boost levels ?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

EVO - hey great feed back... As many look forward to seeing more of your system.. I started this post about EVO because your products & actual testing, engineering is top notch IMO. With WKM being your CDN associates I suspect your Viper product will bode well. Just by the pre pics of system the fit, finish, welding and your machined W2A cooler is A+... Look forward of test reports.

Cheers

lets keep this post on track...

EVO 1

Reaction score
I should have been more specific in my comment about nothing new. I meant making 270-300 HP on stock compression is nothing new.
Your kit looks good and I'm sure you will do well with it. The fact that your kit also uses water to air intercooling is why the kit is able to make good power on stock compression while helping to prevent detonation.
Most people do not understand the benefits of water to air so educating is as important as information on these topics.
Congrats on your kit...I would love to see one in the hills someda
Welcome to the site!

Thank you Neil.

Regards, Jim

SRT

Reaction score
Sorry but you should elaborate on the BS.
BTW...Henry Ford didn't invent the automobile....but did he make it better?

No... He just invented a way to produce them at faster rate. . Just sayin.

Just killing time.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EVO - says that they will have snow check pricing program released next Friday so like April 4th ...this is gonna be a very good kit for the Viper.

Top Bottom