Everyone should have a copy of this in their 3/4 ton!!!!!!!

Stantheman

Reaction score
Nothing on insurance papers here in AB, will the BC cops go by the door info since they have nothing else to go on?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing on any of my insurance papers, must be bc only. It depends on brand of truck also, a 3/4 ton dodge is better and stronger then a f350, right and uses less fuel. LOL

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Nothing on any of my insurance papers, must be bc only. It depends on brand of truck also, a 3/4 ton dodge is better and stronger then a f350, right. LOL
In the Eye Of the Beholder, LOL!!!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys don't have GVW because the Goverment did'nt think you would drive clean across the country to go snowmobiling in a Province where they have it.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what i'm going to do. Put a deck with 2 sleds in the box. Then install duals on the truck with the outside wheels a little smaller so that they only take weight when its heavy. kind of like the highway trucks with their wheels in the air when they don't need them. Then put a third sled on the front like the good old days when we stuck a motorbike on the bumper cause us Chevy guys when we put our foot to the floor the dam trucks wants to do a wheely all the time

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what i'm going to do. Put a deck with 2 sleds in the box. Then install duals on the truck with the outside wheels a little smaller so that they only take weight when its heavy. kind of like the highway trucks with their wheels in the air when they don't need them. Then put a third sled on the front like the good old days when we stuck a motorbike on the bumper cause us Chevy guys when we put our foot to the floor the dam trucks wants to do a wheely all the time

have you been indulging in the laughing lettuce again?

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a commercial vehicle in Ab an it registered over 8800kg, you need to run permits in BC. Also by law you have to stop at the scales. That is what I was told at registries. And if you are pulling a trailer it's not hard to be over that. Also your registration has to state that your registered to pull a trailer with that vehicle. Also you ins has to state that your covered for pulling a trailer, Whether it's owned or no-owned. There is a lot of regulations! Also tires have to be winter rated in BC. There is another tread on the tires

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a commercial vehicle in Ab an it registered over 8800kg, you need to run permits in BC. Also by law you have to stop at the scales. That is what I was told at registries. And if you are pulling a trailer it's not hard to be over that. Also your registration has to state that your registered to pull a trailer with that vehicle. Also you ins has to state that your covered for pulling a trailer, Whether it's owned or no-owned. There is a lot of regulations! Also tires have to be winter rated in BC. There is another tread on the tires

OMG is this for real? Winter rated tires? Are you saying if I don't have WINTER tires on my truck I can't drive it in BC? And I need a PERMIT to drive my 3500 in BC if I pull a trailer this makes no sense, the trailer has it's own GVW ratting. I am so confused over all this. 25 years of riding in Valemount and I have NEVER been stopped in BC now I read all this and I am scared to cross the border for fear that I have missed some minor detail and will get my rig and sleds impounded. :(

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Go-Verticals whole post (other than the tire issue) pertains to a COMMERCIAL licensed truck. We had a guy this past spring get into trouble at the scale just in the AB border on his way back to GP from Ft Nelson. He roared past the scales, while they were open, towing a trailer with mulcher parts. They chased after him, stopped him and he got numerous tickets, one of which was for not pulling into the scale while towing with a commercial truck. For the life of me I can't remember what the others were for, and I was the one who paid them!

The winter tire issue, I have no idea about. We have guys working in BC all winter, so if we get any tickets for not having Winter tires I will let you know.

Anvil

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I just remembered, he had to leave the trailer there and we had to send a dually to go get the trailer to bring back to GP. I still can't remember if we got a ticket for that too, or just had to haul it legally.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is that even though I only have a 3500 I am licensed commercial for work so do I have to pull into the scales? Does the sign not say 4500kgs? I don't remember now :(

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, that is a tough one. Our trucks all have company decals so they are hard not to be noticed.
I don't know for sure. Sorry dude.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG is this for real? Winter rated tires? Are you saying if I don't have WINTER tires on my truck I can't drive it in BC? And I need a PERMIT to drive my 3500 in BC if I pull a trailer this makes no sense, the trailer has it's own GVW ratting. I am so confused over all this. 25 years of riding in Valemount and I have NEVER been stopped in BC now I read all this and I am scared to cross the border for fear that I have missed some minor detail and will get my rig and sleds impounded. :(

If you have the little snowflake they are winter rated tires... This ONLY means you don't need to travel with tire chains.... If you dont have winter rated tires you have to have chains, if caught without, can make you turn back or impound vehicle..... Mostly enforced in the Mountain areas..... Thats what i get out of it

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 3/4 ton dodge is comercially registered in ab for 7200kgs, the maximum gvw of both my truck and trailer combined. as far as i know i do not need to go through the scales unless i am over 5500 kgs.

as far as out of province, i was sent a letter stating i needed a safety fitness certificate in order to travel out of AB, trailer or no trailer.

Top Bottom