ever been in an avalanche

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, this past weekend and it was not good. Its the worst experience you can ever have, your totally helpless. I managed to run it out, I pulled my ABS first and hit the throttle. I was on the bottom flat area and it was flowing almost uphill, running underneath my sled pinning me to the handlebars and my legs in tight. Its like time has stopped for a second and everything slows down. You get hit like a big truck just smashed into you and is pushing you foward with all its force. Then the adrelene rush kicks in after so you can try to save your buddies if any are involved. Avalanche training is a must, I just took the course and it does teach you where you should and should be but it teaches you how to deal with one as well. Unfortunately the other party I was with did not make it out alive. We were actually on a base at the bottom of the slope and not on the slope and just drove in there to see what was there. The rest of this is on here under fallen angel
This is scary and extremely tragic. One of my co-workers will be attending the funeral as this person was a friend of their family. I was planning to go to Blue River this weekend, but I'll wait until a bit later in the season to go back to the mountains, too risky. I'll be talking to my buddy as well and advising him of the conditions, as he is planning to go with some others. Seems to be prudent to wait, the snow will be there in two weeks or so.

Top Bottom