etec with dynoport full exhaust

mtn crazy

Reaction score
having the full exh installed on my 2012 summit x. has any one installed the dynoport system and if so what is your opinion. good or bad reviews welcome.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are having it installed isn't it a little late to ask what someones opinion is?

I have the dynoport on my Ptek. Didn't do anything noticeable.

I wouldn't put any system on an Etec until there is proven gains. If was putting on any system it would be an SLP as their complete system was good on the pteks. They do have an Etec system as well...again, no real world proven gains.

mtn crazy

Reaction score
your right it is a little late was hoping to hear some good news .no hp gain without a loss at least i would have the weight loss gain.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have any experience with aftermarket exhaust for the e-tech but from what I heard its supposed to help. On the old 800r it was pointless to do exhaust other than the weight loss until you got into motor mods porting/bb than you saw gains. Many manufactures have said it doos exhaust is very good and well built.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
I had a full Dynoport Y-pipe, single tuned pipe and can ( ceramic coated ) installed on my 12' XRS.... I know that can is all that is needed, but I went with the full system. Gonna have to wait for snow for a bit, but I will update here with the findings!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynoport is a solid company and builds great product for Doo`s. Highly recommend it on the PTEKS and I`m sure they will work well on the ETECS.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the E-TEC motor was not mod friendly. I've read else where that the ECU will compensate for any changes in airflow, compression etc, by retarding the motor to ensure that everything stays within the specified parameters. Therefore any add-ons like an exhaust system are only benificial in reducing weight and not for gaining any horsepower or performance.

Also I thought no-one has been able to crack the ECU. If so how are companies like Boondocker able to build a turbo for the E-TEC?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the E-TEC motor was not mod friendly. I've read else where that the ECU will compensate for any changes in airflow, compression etc, by retarding the motor to ensure that everything stays within the specified parameters. Therefore any add-ons like an exhaust system are only benificial in reducing weight and not for gaining any horsepower or performance.

Also I thought no-one has been able to crack the ECU. If so how are companies like Boondocker able to build a turbo for the E-TEC?

The Etec is not the most mod friendly motor...to a point. Some mods do produce gains. The more I learn about how the etec functions, the more it makes sense.

The ECM can not measure compression, although it does its best to ensure the motor does not over rev.

Boondockers has a standalone fuel controler that works with the ECM. The ECM can not be modified to allow more fuel with the increased air, so in comes the fuel controler. The ecm will pull back timing but this actually works well with the turbo as it performs better.

Many of the previous etecs issues are possibly fixed with the updates they did to the 2012 motors. Time will tell.

mtn crazy

Reaction score
ok so i have 250 km on my 2012 summit x 163 now with full dynoport exhaust when riding up to the mountain there is a slight burble between 5800-6800 rpm.
when i get up to 5000 ft elevation it clears up and runs flawless . it is not loud until the flipper is to the bar then you get some serious bark.
had to add 1.5 grams of weight to the clutch set clickers on #3 . she pulls 8000 rpm all the way up to 7000 ft elevation in 3 ft of powder and climbs like a billygoat .
I am verry pleased with the sled and dynoport system .

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i have 250 km on my 2012 summit x 163 now with full dynoport exhaust when riding up to the mountain there is a slight burble between 5800-6800 rpm.
when i get up to 5000 ft elevation it clears up and runs flawless . it is not loud until the flipper is to the bar then you get some serious bark.
had to add 1.5 grams of weight to the clutch set clickers on #3 . she pulls 8000 rpm all the way up to 7000 ft elevation in 3 ft of powder and climbs like a billygoat .
I am verry pleased with the sled and dynoport system .

the issue in the mid range could either be you are not through the break in period, or you are experiencing one of the short comings of the 40 degree helix.

I have a full SLP set up on my sled. When you hit 7200-7300 rpm this thing takes off like you wouldn't believe. Much better than it did with the stock exhaust. I ran the stock setup for the first 400 or so miles. I wanted to know for sure that the exhaust combo made a difference. I am pulling easily 300 more rpm with the exhaust wot.

I would expect with a few changes in the near future it will be dialed in for my liking.

Top Bottom