Etec is like a timex.....just keeps ticking away!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
IMG_0770.jpg

no hic-ups yet and that's 1000 kms on the 2012. I know it's not the high mileage of the eastern trail riders but that's a lot of east Kootenay trees right there!!!!!!!!!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out at Eagle tower yesterday, drove 105 kms through the bush, trails and dead burned out trees. I went through 50 litres with my 600 Polaris and my buddy has an 05 800 summit went through 60. The two '12 Etec 800 summits were at just below half a tank so lets say 1/3 left. I know what my next sled is going to be. Lots of power even with the narrower stance are a pretty stable machine.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhhhh glad to see you are enjoying that etec! glad to finally meet you at the cabin for mm5. yup just rollded 3900 on my 11' and like you said no hiccups at all! I even did clutching and new y and main pipe and can and still running awesome! I'm looking into talking to lindermann about that ported head for the etec heard from a couple guys its a world of difference! Yup 1000 km's in our area is hard to get thats forsure I have been lucky with mine and been blessed to travel to golden,revy,sicamous,and vale with mine so i had a chance to really rack up the miles!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well mines been great but recoil is done,,, called dealer said second one recently on a 2012,, almost seems frozen it hangs like a limp dink,,,,,,,then just creeps in but not all the way

kinda suck as now I have to drag the sled into dealer as they wont let me pull off recoil and bring it in,,,,,,

I wounder what changed? or just random luck

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well mines been great but recoil is done,,, called dealer said second one recently on a 2012,, almost seems frozen it hangs like a limp dink,,,,,,,then just creeps in but not all the way

kinda suck as now I have to drag the sled into dealer as they wont let me pull off recoil and bring it in,,,,,,

I wounder what changed? or just random luck

skidoo recoils are always hit and miss. the one on the 2012 im running only works in warmer weather otherwise it flops out like a limp dink aswell and needs to warm up from engine heat before it will go back in.

but my friends 2012 purchased at the exact same time has had no issues and works in all temps.

someone may have gotten grease happy at the factory.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess rkt was wrong about it being a time bomb with the lack of lubercation on the bottom end..... good job brp

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skidoo recoils are always hit and miss. the one on the 2012 im running only works in warmer weather otherwise it flops out like a limp dink aswell and needs to warm up from engine heat before it will go back in.

but my friends 2012 purchased at the exact same time has had no issues and works in all temps.

someone may have gotten grease happy at the factory.

ya thats what it feels like,,, maybe way too much grease,,, over night it went almost the whole way in lol,, so I gave her a few pulls and it sits out...

so will they slam a new one in or take it apart ya think?????,,, I dont have e sart and its not easy starting off the clutch on a cold engine after towing 3 hours at -20 some days...

all my other recoils been great unless you pull them too far out....

sled rips though!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insist they install a new one. because there first measure to attempt to solve your issue will be to install heat tape on the recoil. and voila it works perfect in there heated shop!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insist they install a new one. because there first measure to attempt to solve your issue will be to install heat tape on the recoil. and voila it works perfect in there heated shop!

done.... thanks will doo....

just like our ipad has some weird glitch kicks off line we thought it was our conection but everything else is fine,, go in to apple they first say ya here's a new one then say wait we will do factory re boot and see,, give back to us well we get home still fawked so now we need to go back and do the hour line up again,,, live n learn,, fix now or I smash you!!! haha lol

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
John T was it doing that from the beginning, mine was doing that and would work its way in with the vibe. So I brought it in and they found that in was one hole off so the rope was binding alittle, so they lined it up and works great now. Someone sleeping on the job. Good luck

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess rkt was wrong about it being a time bomb with the lack of lubercation on the bottom end..... good job brp

fred to some extent i would agree if you where running a turbo they are a time bomb. Not in the fact that your making more power, but injecting gas into the crank case. all turbo kits right now run extra injectors alowing gas into the crankcase area, thus washing some of the minimal oil film off the bottom end rotating parts. So only time will tell with this setup. Right now in stock form the gas is "basically" isolated from the oil and keep lubircation where it needs to be. Wonder if anyone is adding slight amounts of oil into there gas tank to keep that oil film there as well for the extra power your making to keep parts cool and lubercated.... but what do i know :beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
John T was it doing that from the beginning, mine was doing that and would work its way in with the vibe. So I brought it in and they found that in was one hole off so the rope was binding alittle, so they lined it up and works great now. Someone sleeping on the job. Good luck

well I think it reads 320kms now,, never an issue get home saturday go to pull at it on the deck and its all out sit n limp,,, leave it to dry and warm almost half in so I pull again and same thing,,

I want a new one so before I go in I will be sure they have one in stock,,,, I didnt mind replacing everything on my 08 but not on a 300km sled its a fawk n recoil same one for 6 years get it straight BRP........maybe I should have gone with the e start or a polaris bahahahahhahaha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=JoHNI_T;1364370]well I think it reads 320kms now,, never an issue get home saturday go to pull at it on the deck and its all out sit n limp,,, leave it to dry and warm almost half in so I pull again and same thing,,

I want a new one so before I go in I will be sure they have one in stock,,,, I didnt mind replacing everything on my 08 but not on a 300km sled its a fawk n recoil same one for 6 years get it straight BRP........maybe I should have gone with the e start or a polaris bahahahahhahaha[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom