EPIC BC Pow w/ Rene St.Onge & Geoff Kyle

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You need to STFU and enjoy......just sayin

I did enjoy and I said they were awesome shots!

Sometimes we get complacent and it appears to me that maybe the second rider down the hill was a little in a rush. If you don't agree then fine.

As Rene replied, the top left oval does not have sleds. When I looked closer it appears like a sled went in and turned around and the resulting shadow is there.

As for the STFU....I'll just let that go.:beer:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to STFU and enjoy......just sayin

I disagree Polarblu, FS asked a good question in these snow conditions, and asked it without fingerpointing. Rene gave a good detailed explaination. We all learn, which is a positive and neither of them got their nose out of joint.

Great pow andblue sky make for superb camera shots!!

HighonBoost

Reaction score
One more for good measure !

DoubleTrouble1.jpg

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics!
Have to agree with Ferniesnow 1 to a slope in these conditions. Avys can happen 1 in 100 yrs with 100's of tracks on it.
Not sure where the STFU came from? I thought he had a legit point.
Once again those pics were increbible.

farwest

Reaction score
I disagree Polarblu, FS asked a good question in these snow conditions, and asked it without fingerpointing. Rene gave a good detailed explaination. We all learn, which is a positive and neither of them got their nose out of joint.

Great pow andblue sky make for superb camera shots!!

Well put !!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well put !!!

You people piss me off. just look at the gorgeous pictures and leave all that negative avy crap out of it. Just drives me nuts, you are looking at pro riders who understand snow 100 time better than you ever will and your all 1 person on the slope....... STFU just fits.

finners

Reaction score
You people piss me off. just look at the gorgeous pictures and leave all that negative avy crap out of it. Just drives me nuts, you are looking at pro riders who understand snow 100 time better than you ever will and your all 1 person on the slope....... STFU just fits.

I realize this thread is about gorgeous pictures Polarblu, however alot of snowmobilers make the mistake of riding several sleds to slope. I am glad Rene St.Onge cleared up that this was not case. All I know is before a multi burial avalanche it would be better to have someone like Fernie Snow ride up to that group and let those people know the dangers of their actions then to have your attitude of STFU and let them ride.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize this thread is about gorgeous pictures Polarblu, however alot of snowmobilers make the mistake of riding several sleds to slope. I am glad Rene St.Onge cleared up that this was not case. All I know is before a multi burial avalanche it would be better to have someone like Fernie Snow ride up to that group and let those people know the dangers of their actions then to have your attitude of STFU and let them ride.
Well i will put it a little more bluntly if anyone like that came up to me on the mountain they would get told the STFU and go sit at the bottom with the other scared little bunnies that have no idea what it takes to ride big. If your knowledge of snow comes from books and forums please, please stay away from me.

finners

Reaction score
Polarblu...I hope this is a big misunderstanding. Fernie Snow wasn't saying you can't ride big, he was saying there shouldn't be multiple people on a slope which appeared to be the case in the second post 3rd picture down! Rene cleared up that this wasn't the case which was good but from the way your talking it sounds like all snowmobilers should be riding with multiple people on a slope therefore exposing themselves to multiple burials.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Okay..... That's not what this post was about....... These guys were just posting pics of a good ride in some very deep snow. These guys all know what they're doing, and rene lives in the area and sleds every day, so i'm sure if anyone knows about safety in that area, it would be rene....... So please, keep to highonboost's fabulous pics...... Just sayin'

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well i will put it a little more bluntly if anyone like that came up to me on the mountain they would get told the STFU and go sit at the bottom with the other scared little bunnies that have no idea what it takes to ride big. If your knowledge of snow comes from books and forums please, please stay away from me.

All I'll say is that professionals make mistakes. Professional ski guides make mistakes and have paid the price. Is Rene the first one down the hill and someone with a little more experience coming behind him?

I've said along that the pictures were awesome and I do enjoy them, just have a little problem with one. Polarblu, good luck with your choices in the mountains.....enough said:beer::beer::beer:

rooster 54

Reaction score
Seeing thoses pictures will make the next month very long, even if it has only 28 days.
We will be there the 3rd of march for a week.

And here in Québec we are waiting for our first winter storm, what a shame.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that attitude Polarblu its obvious you've never had to dig out the dead body of your best friend, then maybe you would STFU.
I've lost two to the snow gods maybe thats why I take it more seriously than you. I think 26 years in the mountains qualifies as a little more than book knowledge.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the times i have dug they have been breathing. I have been buried and scared the hell out of myself. I take it very seriously and have first hand knowledge of what happens where it happens i dont take advice from idiots. Sorry about your buddies some dont make it, if they died sledding they died happy.

Top Bottom