Engine Tech Thermostat housing

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Does any one have an opinion on replacing the OEM housing and thermostat with an Engine Tech housing and BRP thermostat Part 420-922-519.
I have heard that on a long pull the 08 XP will retard the timing with the OEM setup, a couple hundred dollars to prevent loss of a couple hundred RPM seems like a bargain.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one have an opinion on replacing the OEM housing and thermostat with an Engine Tech housing and BRP thermostat Part 420-922-519.
I have heard that on a long pull the 08 XP will retard the timing with the OEM setup, a couple hundred dollars to prevent loss of a couple hundred RPM seems like a bargain.

As I understand it doesn't matter if you run an engine tech thermostat or a BRP one the ECU will still retard the timing, putting the sled into a limp mode, when the water temperature gets into the upper limits. I would assume that this would only ever happen on a trail as you should be getting adequate cooling on any long pull you are doing in the hills. The Engine Tech housing is more free flowing which helps keep the sled cooler thus preventing ever getting to that limp mode.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know what its like on a pull i run it on an shr 860 163. i also run a racepack temp for my water temp. i have done a few long pulls in an area we ride, i did not see any huge temp change from the start to the finish of the pull about 8 to 10 degrees. One thing i notice is i also have a 146 800. if both sleds are outside and i start them both, the 860 with the engine tech housing will warm up faster, and on the trail it will run cooler that the other just my experiance, hope it helps, everyone who is running big bore seems to have them
good luck
giddyup

Top Bottom