Engine Tech Thermostat housing

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Does any one have an opinion on replacing the OEM housing and thermostat with an Engine Tech housing and BRP thermostat Part 420-922-519.
I have heard that on a long pull the 08 XP will retard the timing with the OEM setup, a couple hundred dollars to prevent loss of a couple hundred RPM seems like a bargain.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good question,,

I have heard of a few doing this but not all??? xp is new to me...

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens on long pulls with the stock setup it not only does the thermostat start retarding bot the stock box chokes the sled down. Does the e-tech thermostat work... oh hell yea, u can actuallyy feel it as well alwys for more flow in the cooling system itself. So when it open itrs really moving some heat. As well the stock box problem, most ppl get vents to put in the back, i think this is a bad idea. Now u are introducing hot air into the motor as well potentially clutch dust. My self i got a bondi box with slp intake, slp lets cold air right in where the new box sites as well fixes alot of bogging issues. C3 make3s the same box as well.

So yea, i got both of these on my bigbore, no problems at all and just plain works, and advise strongly in purchasing these stock or not.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I have the RPM carbon fibre composite shield coming from Grip and Rip and I silicon glued a 3/4" seal so the heat from under the hood wont cause the stock intake to ice up.
I may still end up with the SLP intake kit or build the home made intake kit with vaacum hose that comes up between the head lights onto the dash with SLP cloth.
One thing I learned the hard way today is don't use UPS to get stuff from the US, For the air box shield and my s module (nun) braces which are built in the US and not imported they nailed me with a 48.00 brokerage fee, Is there a dealer for this housing in Canada?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the RPM carbon fibre composite shield coming from Grip and Rip and I silicon glued a 3/4" seal so the heat from under the hood wont cause the stock intake to ice up.
I may still end up with the SLP intake kit or build the home made intake kit with vaacum hose that comes up between the head lights onto the dash with SLP cloth.
One thing I learned the hard way today is don't use UPS to get stuff from the US, For the air box shield and my s module (nun) braces which are built in the US and not imported they nailed me with a 48.00 brokerage fee, Is there a dealer for this housing in Canada?

I bought both items for my sled from Trackside Sales and Service in Olds. The braces were from Grip'n'Rip Racing and the intake kit from SLP.

If you have to ship UPS consider paying the extra for Air freight (Express, Expedited or 3 Day) the brokerage charges are less on these packages. It does cost more to ship but in the end you may end up paying the same about and have your goods a little quicker!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why / went through options / all options ok
you can call 403-333-3142

Top Bottom