Engine knocking....would you take it?

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So about three weeks ago I bought a brand new 2014 xc 120 from Countryside Motorsports in Grande prairie. Paid for it, and loaded it up. I took it home, unloaded it, and the engine was knocking. If I lifted the sled's right ski off the ground the knock went away. It was full of oil and gas. So I took it back, did the whole argueing thing with the service girl "Joy" (Ironic name as there is never any Joy in dealing with her, just massive frustration), and left the sled for them to look into it.

Finally I got to pick the sled up today after they put a new camshaft and lifters into the brand new sled. When I went out to load the sled up....... it still has a knock. Not nearly as loud as before, but still a distinct knock. I go back in after loading it up and talk with the service guy and Joy. My good friend Joy keeps saying how there is three other sleds that all have a knock and mines not nearly as loud as the others. I;m basically told to put some miles on it and see if it goes away and runs good.

I took it home since my blood pressure was rapidly rising and I didn't feel like being as pissed off as i usually am when I leave Countryside, but all night I've been stewing on this sled. If I run the sled and it doesn't go away, I know I'll be taking it up the a$$ when it still has a knock. They already won't give me my money back on a brand new sled that is a pile of junk. I want a 120, but after the amount of frustration I've had with countryside this month (the 120 issues, as well as taking my 900 there for a tps adjust and getting it back running on one cylinder, as well as a zipper breaking on a brand new bag and then having to go back three times over two weeks for warrenty) I would rather ram the sled through their wall lit on fire and let them keep it.

So..... My question is what would you do? I know if I was having this kind of trouble with a semi I could call AMVIC and sh!t would get straightened out in a hurry. Is there anything like this for snowmobiles?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So about three weeks ago I bought a brand new 2014 xc 120 from Countryside Motorsports in Grande prairie. Paid for it, and loaded it up. I took it home, unloaded it, and the engine was knocking. If I lifted the sled's right ski off the ground the knock went away. It was full of oil and gas. So I took it back, did the whole argueing thing with the service girl "Joy" (Ironic name as there is never any Joy in dealing with her, just massive frustration), and left the sled for them to look into it.

Finally I got to pick the sled up today after they put a new camshaft and lifters into the brand new sled. When I went out to load the sled up....... it still has a knock. Not nearly as loud as before, but still a distinct knock. I go back in after loading it up and talk with the service guy and Joy. My good friend Joy keeps saying how there is three other sleds that all have a knock and mines not nearly as loud as the others. I;m basically told to put some miles on it and see if it goes away and runs good.

I took it home since my blood pressure was rapidly rising and I didn't feel like being as pissed off as i usually am when I leave Countryside, but all night I've been stewing on this sled. If I run the sled and it doesn't go away, I know I'll be taking it up the a$$ when it still has a knock. They already won't give me my money back on a brand new sled that is a pile of junk. I want a 120, but after the amount of frustration I've had with countryside this month (the 120 issues, as well as taking my 900 there for a tps adjust and getting it back running on one cylinder, as well as a zipper breaking on a brand new bag and then having to go back three times over two weeks for warrenty) I would rather ram the sled through their wall lit on fire and let them keep it.

So..... My question is what would you do? I know if I was having this kind of trouble with a semi I could call AMVIC and sh!t would get straightened out in a hurry. Is there anything like this for snowmobiles?

If it has warranty ride the sh1t out of it.

signedge

Reaction score
Those bad dogs all rattle like that had the same thing rode the crap out of it sold it for the same price I paid and it is still running strong. They go forever. Sorry about the crappy service it seems to be a lot of motosport places don't know what service is anymore. It's like your bothering them or something.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it til it blows. If it does blow. Buy a clone 6.5 HP and drop in it. They are cheap. If they screw you with warranty.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good way to teach your kid how to side hill if it stops knocking with one ski in the air. It's a polaris so it should have instantaneous lift and be flickable! And when your kid is done with it you can trade it in straight across on 2 pros!

Last edited:

Dakine879

Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Bond.

Sh!tty that you have to go through all of that BS to start with...

you should really address him as Commander Bond...reflecting his official rank with British Intelligence

LOL

To the OP, since you paid for a brand new machine with warranty...pin the throttle!!!

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it full throttle and let the B1tch blow, glad I don't deal with that shop, where the hell is the service go to the owner if that helps. Or keep spreading the word on this shop.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're thinking of fighting this, I would take a video with the engine running with the knock audible on the tape, and in the same continuous shot show the VIN and the mileage. Might help if you decide to take it to the next level. My .02

Sent from my iPad

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powersports dealers, rv dealers etc. all have amvic licenses.... Call amvic and have a discussion with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just searched amvic and it does not appear countryside is lisenced through them. Not sure if power sports fall under their rules or not. If so they will be in big trouble if you report them. Maybe give amvic a call in Monday.

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
Powersports dealers, rv dealers etc. all have amvic licenses.... Call amvic and have a discussion with them.

Yah i used to sell vehicles and have a buddy that sells atv,quads etc and yah they have amvic just call them they will help you

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss read your post but if your not happy with it take it back and contact the Rep. for your area and tell him your concern.

Last edited:

B-Mac

Reaction score
Next time just drive the extra 25 mins to beaverlodge and take your sleds to Guadins. I dont have much experience in dealing with countryside but i have spent a lot of money at Gaudins and have had lots of warranty work done there (800 Dragon) and i dont have one bad thing to say about them. Great staff there

Top Bottom