skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grrr
abbe1cae8001fb56bf034a4e62f77577.jpg

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched west block interview with our resources minister Jim Carr and Vassy Kapelos, Carr blabs on about this being tcpl's decision 100% and how nothing has changed in regulatory process, then Kapelos says... "haven't you changed up stream and down stream conditions" and he sits there and say "yes but they knew that was changing". Wtf only a good politician can lie so straight faced. Jim Carr basically saying ya rules of the game are the same except we moved the goal post.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott flying on Bombardier airplanes and stop using light rail transit that was made by Bombardier rather than taking it out on a company that has nothing to do with that company? Man? Are you new to Snow and Mud? How many times since 2003 have we had to explain to people on this site they are no longer affiliated with each other?
Define affiliated.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok.. It time to seriously think Western Separation...consider this, equalization payments would be more than enough to run things.
Given oil is a finite resource why not exploit it, use the proceeds to encourage other up and coming industries..
Silicon Valley north, a space program, medical/pharmacudical development, various industries.
I've always thought a giant garbage recycling plant, ship in refuge sort and resell raw materials, you get the idea...
Even alternate energy... Solar can work but at great cost, orbiting panels transmitting tethered or even wirelessly...
Immigration could then be encouraged however not the "dregs of society" scientists, doctors, skilled labour.
When we take a resource rich country like Kuwait, the benefits are free healthcare, food, 0% mortgages, virtually no tax other than revenue from resources, Aaand approx 60k a year...
Western Canada in very short time could have THE highest standard of living given we're not surrounded by aggressive third world ****holes.
As far as military goes, given our predisposition to science and development almost overnight we could become one of the most technologically advanced nations on the globe...
Just another "caffeine induced rant"....

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok.. It time to seriously think Western Separation...consider this, equalization payments would be more than enough to run things.
Given oil is a finite resource why not exploit it, use the proceeds to encourage other up and coming industries..
Silicon Valley north, a space program, medical/pharmacudical development, various industries.
I've always thought a giant garbage recycling plant, ship in refuge sort and resell raw materials, you get the idea...
Even alternate energy... Solar can work but at great cost, orbiting panels transmitting tethered or even wirelessly...
Immigration could then be encouraged however not the "dregs of society" scientists, doctors, skilled labour.
When we take a resource rich country like Kuwait, the benefits are free healthcare, food, 0% mortgages, virtually no tax other than revenue from resources, Aaand approx 60k a year...
Western Canada in very short time could have THE highest standard of living given we're not surrounded by aggressive third world ****holes.
As far as military goes, given our predisposition to science and development almost overnight we could become one of the most technologically advanced nations on the globe...

you have my vote.

Last edited:

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sign me up, brad wall for prime minister of Canwest

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do we start?

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it actually possible? Too many leaf lickers in southern BC

Ironically quebec made it possible for any province to secede..
Easy cut back social programs and pay well, really well for hard work,.... Starvation is good motivation...
Perhaps the "entitled" crowd will follow the welfare to Ont or Quebec.... Even better yet change their attitude ease up on the cheezies and Vidio games and be productive..

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds silly but I would like to know more about this separatist movement, Alberta can't really do it with out BC or you would be in the same boat sort to speak.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are "disjointed" groups such as WIPA, however it takes money, effort, and support which unfortunately they are lacking.
At one point I'd suspect with a real egg in the hand there'd be corporate support...
Cant see Jason, even contemplating the idea, however Brian is a western Canadian through and through. All it would really take is a politician with a public platform, even hold a plebiscite, to get the ball rolling,... Given the current lack of support from both the liberals and Ndp on resources it'd be an easy sell. The nail in the coffin may well come down to equalization payment negotiations... In a way I hope they go real bad so as to pave the way...
Ya gotta ask where is notley these days? Regardles of the leadership outcome, with the unification of the right this will be the demise of the NDP.
Curiously in BC there certainly is a lack of conservative representation, should they not join they too will be isolated so in all reality it is a two way street,. The only part that'd be of concern would be a "Western BC" far left party....Not really up to speed on BC provincial politics though...
Long and short there are many things to consider, do we adopt an existing electoral system, develop a new one.
Personally id like to see a " plebiscite" based govt on lager issues such as industry, immigration. I'd also like to have a choice as to where my tax dollars go... Could be part of the income tax return... Eg: % to education, % to infrastructure, % to military, % to healthcare, %to immigration, % to social services.
Put the power back into the people instead of politicians deciding how to spend our money...

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the withholding equalization payments but I I don't think the provinces have any say....isn't this controlled by the feds?

At present time, we don't have a premier with a spine to stand up to J. Turd and his federal bullies......

I wonder if Brian Jean or Kenney would promise to fight over this?

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both I'd think would, However there'll be x3 Brian votes outta this house.
He seems while "less polished" than Kenny to have his finger on the pulse of Albertans in a King Ralph kind of way...
Furthermore as leader of wild rose (more a rogue party) I could see if chit hits the fan federally the chances of "secession discussions" may pop up with Brian.... With Jason not so much I'd see more concessions coming out of Jason much like Harper did to maintain domestic Albertan harmony...
And it don't hurt that he'll undo all of phillips BS...Not sure where Jason stands on this issue...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both I'd think would, However there'll be x3 Brian votes outta this house.
He seems while "less polished" than Kenny to have his finger on the pulse of Albertans in a King Ralph kind of way...
Furthermore as leader of wild rose (more a rogue party) I could see if chit hits the fan federally the chances of "secession discussions" may pop up with Brian.... With Jason not so much I'd see more concessions coming out of Jason much like Harper did to maintain domestic Albertan harmony...
And it don't hurt that he'll undo all of phillips BS...Not sure where Jason stands on this issue...
Jason has been bagging on Trudeau's policies a chit load on his social media and with news organizations. You just have to look for it. He doesn't believe in equalization as well as Jean. I just think it will be a saw off between Justin and Jean in a debate over differences. Both couldn't put a sentence together for their lives sake. Kenney will eat Justin in a one on one debate. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian its just he is absolutely painful to listen to and you can see in the provincial leadership debates he is still almost robotic in conveying his message like he was debating Prentice and Notley in the last election debates.

Top Bottom