Enclosed trailer getting destroyed by rocks

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title states the front on my trailer is getting destroyed by rocks, i was thinking of getting the front done in bedliner. but would like to know what others have done if they`ve had this problem.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it a deck over trailer or a low one?

i have a 2" diamond plate strip accross the bottom of both my front vnose sides. works well. the panels above are mint. i think this is due to how high the trailer is everything just goes underneath.

maybe a 3m film accross the whole front? do you have a photo of your trailer?

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a few picks of the front end
20120712_134201.jpg

20120712_134149.jpg

the rock damage is up to about the top of the latch handle.

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I have a 2500 dodge diesel, lifted 8" with 37x13.5X20 mud tires on it and the Rock Tamers do a great job of saving the front of my new trailer. They are VERY adjustable, to suit any truck.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for rock tamers. My only regret is the one trip to Revy without them...

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might want to check your tires at the door. are you running non oem???? Loaned mine to a buddy to go hunting in last year, heater, bunks, TV. out side plug ins, checker plate up up about 2 FT on a V nose, 60 miles of Gravel each way' yes my bad but all set up but he is running some nice 33-35 mud terraines that did no favors to the front of my trailer. He is about to ask to take it again but I have it magically filled with my stuff so I can say NO this time.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had rock tammers and they didnt work for me i seen some trailers with line x bed liner on the front and thats the only way u will stop the rocks i got away from bumper pull trailers as they sit to low and they seemed to be rock magnets i have a gooseneck enclosed now and way better well in my opition

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im still contemplating the rock tammers but the damage has been done and the only way i can see to fixing the hidious rock chips and dints is to cover it with something, thats why im figuring a bed liner of some type. as for tires im running a 35 nitto trail grappler and yes they are rock throwers, i do have mudflaps on there currently but dont seem to help.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fastest and cheapest way to cover the damage is to put checkerplate aluminum over the damage
Bed Liner and Under coating will eventually flake or chip off - the Aluminum is still the best way and most trailers in the road now have checker plate on them so you will fit right in..

Last edited:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are interested I can put on some 3M for you........send me a pm of the measurement and I will give you a quote..........

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
The rocks will eat up the 3m too. Over time there is nothing that is going to stand up to gravel roads.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice trailer MiledOut, I have same trailer and have same poblem, I think I will checker plate the front, and 3m will get trashed over time. What have you done inside for acc and do you find tongue a bit short, damm thing can't be cranked when trying to put on hummer sut. Take pics IMG_0805.jpg IMG_0806.jpg IMG_0803.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy chit look at u go buddy.

Nice trailer.

We have to ride this year.

sent from my htc

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no chit, look at logo of who did job and look how far I had to go lol Damm alberta people over charge, drove 3300km one way and still saved money, LOL I will clean up inside and get some pics soon, would never go with out an enclosed anymore. SWEET and its all allum and is 2476lbs about

Top Bottom