enclosed sled trailers

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I are contimplating selling our 28' All Aluminum Legend trailer. We only have two sleds now so it isnt really needed anymore.

Easily fit 2 162", and two 159".

Lots of extras included:
Dual Batteries
110 lighting
12 volt lighting
Power Jack
Work bench
5 drawer tool box
3 door overhead cabinet
30,000btu forced air furnace ducted to the floor (Ducting not pictured)
3 helmet.gear racks.(only one in the picture)
4 jug fuel rack
Single door aluminum overhead cabinet at rear (Not pictured)
Aluminum wheels
Stereo
Alarm

Im sure there is some other stuff too.
Let me know if it is something you would be interested in.

Attachments

• user1038_pic1385_1223869379[1].jpg
    user1038_pic1385_1223869379[1].jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 576
  • user1038_pic1440_1224210291[1].jpg
    user1038_pic1440_1224210291[1].jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 578

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi What The?,

Take a snoop around our Website All Aluminum Trailers - Enclosed Trailer & Open Trailers by Legend Manufacturing Inc. and let me know what you think. Legends have a great warranty and we use the best products in all our trailers. All Aluminum perimeter construction gusseted corners etc... (don't want to sound like the Slap Chop Guy! LOL). I have my Snow Special on for 2 or 3 more weeks which gives you Free Deluxe interior, 24" ATP interior kickplate, Stainless Steel Cam Bars and Aluminum Wheel Upgrade.

Thanks!

Great trailer Metalfusion! One of my favorites on the road.

Last edited:

Rick Byers

Reaction score
Do not buy aluminum unless you want to be fixing welds every three years. buy steel

If it is a four pull you need 27 feet min to start. do you want 7 foot wide or the 8.3 or 8.4 wide.

I am also looking at buying a four pull in the next two weeks, I have spent 1 year researching all the manufacturers and there offerings and am now ready to pull the trigger on what I am after.

axles look at two at 5000 # each 3500 is to light once you get your sled in at 500 to 600 # each and the equipment say 80 pounds per person and your cloths and food coolers say another 40 to 60 pounds each then add 400 to 500 pounds of snow and ice to the sled deck while driving into B.C. and you would then be over the axle weight if you only had 3500 # = 7000 # I pull my buddies Rocky mountaijn special it has 5000 pound axles X 2 = 10,000 pounds our last trip to Valemont during boxing week we went through the weight sacle and we were 5,600 # on the trailer 3,200 with all our sled and equipment then the snow was 300 pounds more = 9,100 #

Make sure to check the frame and warranty.
steel is a bit heavyier but will outlast the aluminum is what I am seeing and hearing now.

Make sure to check there side panels do you want riveted or glued aluminum exterior panels do you want hard wall or soft wall aluminum.

Make sure they have a power take off for 115 to 120 volt supply.

If heated look at BTU min you should get is 40,000 Btu at 20 below the interior will be at plus 8 on a 27 footer.
if heating look at insulated walls roof and floor or the heater is worthless to you. Look at tank size for the propane make sure your tank can run your trailer for three days min should be 20 to 30 gallon propane min @ 40,000 btu

Look at how you will be putting the deck onto your truck short V nose deigns make it tight to turn. make sure to get an automatic winder if you are going 4 pull or you will be winding for a while each time you load and unload off the truck

Does the trailer have built in rear jacks so you can be inside the trailer without it being on the truck and make sure it cannot tip up on you.

Stereos if you are ordering one in the unit make sure it is designed for outdoor use so it will last longer similar to what they are putting into Hot tubs that are outdoor same for the TV monitors if you are going to have them in the unit as well

Do you stay in hotels when you quad or are you going to stay in the trailer if so get a window one on the side up high.
make sure the beds are fasined to the sled deck support beams and not just the wall make sure the beds have support legs that fold up and not chains that hang of the wall.

Tires make sure to get coated aluminum plain aluminum will weather and look like ch!t after 2 seasons on the raods into B.C.

This is what I have learned over the last year

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be sure it's big enough so spring riding you can fit your muscle car and the sled in the trailer :cool:
This one is an Agassiz, no complaints. I have a deck for the truck but watch the track it can rub on the V nose when cornering, you can hall 6 L/T sleds tailor/truck but you have to overhang the tracks off the side of the deck and the County Mounties don't like it!
I ordered with the front door at the V so it drops on the right side, great when your stuck waiting for the hi-way to re open, you can do some ditch banging;)

DSC01787.jpg

SS.jpg

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do your research on the brands is all I can recommend, there are some manufacturers that don't stand behind there products warranty unless you haul it to the factory.

If your looking at a Mirage send me your e mail and I'll send you pictures of what you can expect when the axles welds and hangers let go when your on the highway and the perfect example of how the owner deals with clients.

mrhunkin1

Reaction score
I just bought a 28 enclosed snowmobile trailer from fast toys for boys out of davidson, sk. They had the best price (I looked for a year) for a fully loaded trailer. Got the good floor, tie downs in the floor 25,000 btu furnace, helmet rack and cabinet. Tows like a dream. Have pulled it loaded with a diesel and a 6l chev gas jobby. Both had no issues. The things I am not happy with.... The drive out front is a little bit tight, kinda gotta finagle sleds to get the out the door, and the front gas door is in a crappy spot. And its definitly heavier then the aluminium. bout 5000lbs empty. Thats it.... The furnace melted all the snow in -17c. We were in there in tee shirts. Now I have only had the trailer for this riding season but I did camp in it a bunch this summer. So far SUPER happy with the product and fast toys. I would highly recommend this set up to anyone.

Ps. I would stay away from car haulers. Those wheel wells are a pain in the A@#!!!

Last edited:

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 28' charmac snow sport elite check them out. buy an all aluminum though. We looked at trailers for a year also before buying. Same trailer in a feather lite was 43k. Don Lang in panoka is where we got ours. I like this setup at least with 4 162 machines you can use the man door to go through between the machines and not have to crawl over them. 4 years old now and 50000km and no issues.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure the heck wouldn't get 50,000km's with a Mirage. Some (posted on here) made it just down from the factory when the axles let go, or maybe 10 short trips to the mountains before it happens. Not a question of if it's a question of WHEN.

I got a 28' charmac snow sport elite check them out. buy an all aluminum though. We looked at trailers for a year also before buying. Same trailer in a feather lite was 43k. Don Lang in panoka is where we got ours. I like this setup at least with 4 162 machines you can use the man door to go through between the machines and not have to crawl over them. 4 years old now and 50000km and no issues.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure the heck wouldn't get 50,000km's with a Mirage. Some (posted on here) made it just down from the factory when the axles let go, or maybe 10 short trips to the mountains before it happens. Not a question of if it's a question of WHEN.
Well hell maybe don't buy a dodge or ford either cause somebody has had a problem or two. I was the first one to have a problem with the mirage trailer and was treated poorly by the dealer not the manufacturer. I had the problem rectified within two weeks right here in lethbridge. Mirage was offering repairs on their trailer of any year after the warranty was up but you had to take it to the plant. Not for issues under warranty. I had my trailer for over 4 years and many trips over the Rogers and it was a great trailer. I have since sold it and bought a new mirage 28 foot trailer. I highly recommend mirage trailers but would do more research on your dealer. I'm not totally familiar dale with your situation but am sure there are two sides to your story.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are right about a mirage had one axle problems and the shell rusted out around the wheel wells real fast. Now own a 28' continental trailer for 4 yrs loaded car hauler with a front v nose with a ramp. Don't buy a trailer with screwed on panels u will be doing alot of screwing HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaa. No joke they suck the trailer I have now is a solid shell with lots of miles on it about 90,000k only tires,battery and I have the brakes check every year. I hall 4 162" sleds with lots of room to move just have to have the skis on the wheel wells or back them in, I have had 5 162" sleds in it but a little tight but we got them in. I bought a car hauler because I use it for my business and it works real well. A friend of mine has a sled trailer with the wheels under the trailer and we found the trailer really caught the wind more than my trailer did, because my trailer sits alot lower and it pulls real well. I find I can use it alot more since the ramp isn't as steep so good luck on your choice but don't buy cheap it will sting u later.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hell maybe don't buy a dodge or ford either cause somebody has had a problem or two. I was the first one to have a problem with the mirage trailer and was treated poorly by the dealer not the manufacturer. I had the problem rectified within two weeks right here in lethbridge. Mirage was offering repairs on their trailer of any year after the warranty was up but you had to take it to the plant. Not for issues under warranty. I had my trailer for over 4 years and many trips over the Rogers and it was a great trailer. I have since sold it and bought a new mirage 28 foot trailer. I highly recommend mirage trailers but would do more research on your dealer. I'm not totally familiar dale with your situation but am sure there are two sides to your story.

I got screwed worse than you did, by the manufacturer and owner. If I recall correctly Milt you were pretty pissed also when you had your issues.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As my trailer a 2006 Cargo Mate is basicly falling apart I plan on replacing it this summer with a Mirage.After hearing the way they looked after others with problems I will definately be buying one.
The way my complaints were totaly ignored with the dealer I bought my trailer from it will be nice to deal with a reputable company with a history of looking after their customers even if they were not the origional purchaser.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As my trailer a 2006 Cargo Mate is basicly falling apart I plan on replacing it this summer with a Mirage.After hearing the way they looked after others with problems I will definately be buying one.
The way my complaints were totaly ignored with the dealer I bought my trailer from it will be nice to deal with a reputable company with a history of looking after their customers even if they were not the origional purchaser.

Bought ours out of the states and picked it up at the guys dad house in Boise. Turns out his Dad is the Sales Mgr for Mirage.
For $7,500.00+ in savings, you might want to rethink what you need a Dealer for.
5200lb axles, insulated, dual cabinets, 110v kit, added ceiling lights

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got screwed worse than you did, by the manufacturer and owner. If I recall correctly Milt you were pretty pissed also when you had your issues.
Yes i was Dale but if you read my post i was not mad at the manufacturer, i was mad at the dealer. They didnt even bother to contact mirage over the incident. They told me i was on my own, so i contacted mirage myself and my trailer was fixed within two weeks under warrenty and that was what sparked the recall notice on the axles. Sorry you are having some bad luck with mirage but they have treated me unbelievably and even with my new trailer. I am picking it up this week and will post some pics.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with that statement Dale. mirage are garbage. I wouldn't take anything from sws either. Had bad experiences with their products.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailers are like sleds there is always going to be crap one out there!I've had a 28 foot mirage trailer for over 3 yrs now with lots of trips on it and no problems.I had one wiring issue when I picked it up and SWS fixed it with no problem!Obviously if Mirages were such pieces of crap the company would have went tits up years ago!Maybe its the dealers that are giving the trailers a bad name!Alot of DEALERS give certain brands of sleds a bad name with their customer service after the sale not the brand!!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No dealer involved they dropped Mirage when they got stuck with a 40k or so bill for repair / warranty work Mirage wouldn't cover. The dealer was trying to keep the customer(s) happy and in the end it cost them.

Trailers are like sleds there is always going to be crap one out there!I've had a 28 foot mirage trailer for over 3 yrs now with lots of trips on it and no problems.I had one wiring issue when I picked it up and SWS fixed it with no problem!Obviously if Mirages were such pieces of crap the company would have went tits up years ago!Maybe its the dealers that are giving the trailers a bad name!Alot of DEALERS give certain brands of sleds a bad name with their customer service after the sale not the brand!!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear Milt I am truly glad you didn't get screwed over.

Yes i was Dale but if you read my post i was not mad at the manufacturer, i was mad at the dealer. They didnt even bother to contact mirage over the incident. They told me i was on my own, so i contacted mirage myself and my trailer was fixed within two weeks under warrenty and that was what sparked the recall notice on the axles. Sorry you are having some bad luck with mirage but they have treated me unbelievably and even with my new trailer. I am picking it up this week and will post some pics.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol.....

Top Bottom