Enclosed sled trailer mod

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I m off to camp and plan on taking my harley. Does anyone have any ideas to make the ramp door grippy? I thought about some sort or matting or roofing shingles...I'm not worried about loading the bike but backing it out. I can't be the first one on here to do this lol any input would be appreciated.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I m off to camp and plan on taking my harley. Does anyone have any ideas to make the ramp door grippy? I thought about some sort or matting or roofing shingles...I'm not worried about loading the bike but backing it out. I can't be the first one on here to do this lol any input would be appreciated.
When I worked out of my enclosed trailer with a ramp door, I always used roofing shingles screwed to the ramp. It worked excellent for grip in mud and snow

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one of my enclosed trailers sprayed with box liner material. Worked well and had good grip.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I covered mine completely with superglides. I was only going to do a couple runs where the sleds drove but then thought that somebody will not step on the narrow strip and fall. Ended up covering the whole ramp...no slippage by anyone since.

Last edited:

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
012.jpg

Not sure if this will help...
Rubberized Grip tape. This roll is 4 inches wide.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I covered mine completely with superglides. I was only going to do a couple runs where the sleds drove but then thought that somebody will not step on the narrow strip and fall. Ended up covering the whole ramp...no slippage by anyone since.

plus, no issues with track spinning while driving up the ramp.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come against the grain? Same grip length wise and skis will glide up the ramp easier?

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come against the grain? Same grip length wise and skis will glide up the ramp easier?
I put it that way more for my harley than my sled...I've owned this trailer for 12 yrs never had any real issues loading or unloading my sled...almost broke my neck a couple times but ya it's way better than just wood so...plus I'm an against the grain type of guy

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Load your sleds at pull pin and the skis won’t even gouge into your superglides. Braaaap.

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the masterlock ones with the rubberized coating but they are only good for a season or two seems like...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I insulated and sheeted the roof of mine this weekend. more work than I thought and more money too... I think I'm in 600$ materials but it looks good, just have trim it out now.

Used 1/4" corona insulation and 1/4" plywood

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still needs trim to level everything out.

Attachments

• enclosedroof1.PNG
    enclosedroof1.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 123
  • enclosedroof2.PNG
    enclosedroof2.PNG
    896.9 KB · Views: 125
  • enclosedroof3.PNG
    enclosedroof3.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also got a little enclosure to protect that vent cap from getting smashed/frozen. Still need to install that.

I put a folding edge protection kit on the door to ground transition from Caliber, looking at a second one now for the door to trailer transition.

super glides and clamps to go in.

Where do I mount the 15,000BTU furnace? I put it where its picture up on a 5 gallon pail. seems like a decent spot? I'd like to still get a ski hoop under it if needed.

Top Bottom