Enclosed sizing.....

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the perfect size for a two place enclosed that would leave a bit of room in the front for gear or possibly a work bench. I don't wanna upgrade to a diesel, so I would like to get a tandem axle 14ish ??? How wide to get two sleds side by side in one? Anyone have any pics of there's? I'm pulling with a 1500 ext cab Dodge with a 360 and don't want the trailer to be pushing me around....any suggestions?

spike

Reaction score
I have a Silver Sport, 14' rectangle, 5' V, lots of extra room for fuel, gear etc. All aluminum so not too heavy either.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Silver Sport, 14' rectangle, 5' V, lots of extra room for fuel, gear etc. All aluminum so not too heavy either.

You don't happen to have any pics with a couple sleds in it do you?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics of the trailer we use, Featherlite 21 x 6.5 more of a in-line style but pulls great and don't need mirror extentions.

IMGP1052.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1827.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1828.jpg
[/IMG]

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks! That's good to know....If that's 6.5' wide what is needed for two sled's sideXside? Good point about the mirror ext too, never even thought about that. That is one sweet setup....I'm trying to decide if I should get a used 2500 with a sleddeck, a two place enclosed....or just a aluminum 12' pull behind. Last time I went I borrowed a open 12' trailer and was not happy with the sled's being coated with debris for 8hrs straight. Thanks for the input!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more question....any exterior shot's of that 21'?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must live in a rough area....thanks anyway's.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't my trailer, but it's a Triton 147 Prestige it's 14' plus the 5' v nose. One is a 154" the other a 151". You could fit 2 sleds in a 12x7. As far as which to go with, I perfer a deck by far, so much easier to park and cheaper!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks! That's good to know....If that's 6.5' wide what is needed for two sled's sideXside? Good point about the mirror ext too, never even thought about that. That is one sweet setup....I'm trying to decide if I should get a used 2500 with a sleddeck, a two place enclosed....or just a aluminum 12' pull behind. Last time I went I borrowed a open 12' trailer and was not happy with the sled's being coated with debris for 8hrs straight. Thanks for the input!

8.5 wide for sleds side by side with 12 foot straight section. Deck I think has its advantages, more weight on truck = more traction in winter driving. Easy to park, turn around etc. Sleds up high = stay cleaner than open place trailer. Way cheaper than enclosed. Less maint. Less insurance etc.
Loading on decks can be abit dangerous, not to start a thread about in's and outs of loading on a deck, but no one has ever been killed loading into a 2 place trailer were people have been killed loading on decks in properly.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 21ft Interstate including the V, I have had 3 sleds and 200litrres of fuel, gear and tools and I pull it with a F-150, she likes to shift a bit on some hills but with a brake controller never had to worry about getting pushed down hill as of yet.. I think it weighs 2800lbs dry and if ya go down to a 19ft its 200lbs less, but the aluminum ones are great but pricey they only weigh like 2000lbs.

love the enclosed and ya cant beat having some heat... i would love a deck but I do not want a diesel at this time either, well I want one but my bank account doesnt...:d

spike

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of my trailer. As you can see there is lots of extra room for stuff. It's about 100" wide so you do need the extending mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 51

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! That is exactly what I'm looking for....nice set-up with a lil' extra room. Is that a 12 or 14'? looks absolutley perfect for what I need!! Thanks for the pics.

apex69

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the perfect size for a two place enclosed that would leave a bit of room in the front for gear or possibly a work bench. I don't wanna upgrade to a diesel, so I would like to get a tandem axle 14ish ??? How wide to get two sleds side by side in one? Anyone have any pics of there's? I'm pulling with a 1500 ext cab Dodge with a 360 and don't want the trailer to be pushing me around....any suggestions?

I have a 20ft /8ft lots of room for sleds side by side lots of room for gear and work area a good freind has the same he pulls it with a 04 dodge 1/2ton 360 it pulls it nice
ps all the sleds have 162" tracks and still lots of room pm me if u have any questions ill try to help u out

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
We sometimes use a friend of ours trailer.
It has no V-nose, so we drive in via the ramp door, and pull them out backwards.
It is 8 wide by 14 long inside.
Has plenty of room for a few gear bags, and extra jerry cans as well as 2 sleds.
I would not personally want just a 12 long, as it would be tight once the sleds are in for any room to walk around, or stash gear etc.

Also nice touch is the way his spare tire is hung up high on the wall, getting it off the floor.

Top Bottom