electricians???????????????

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how you guys quote a job. is it by the hour or by the square footage of a house? just trying to figure out what my place should cost to have it wired! it's 3200 square feet with a 25 ft cathedral ceiling, no basement or crawl space. plus a 2000 square foot attached garage. any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was wondering where i can get a reliable electrician? called 3 now to wire my hot tub! better call #4!

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how you guys quote a job. is it by the hour or by the square footage of a house? just trying to figure out what my place should cost to have it wired! it's 3200 square feet with a 25 ft cathedral ceiling, no basement or crawl space. plus a 2000 square foot attached garage. any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

50 my old man is an electrical contractor and as far as I know he bids each job by breaking it completely down. So much for each fixture install and all wire necessary. Depends on whether or not u are following standard code regulations provided by your state/province or are completely customizing your design to suit your needs.

certainly the size will play a roll and the vaulted ceilings will create a time issue but nothing to unusual. Sounds pretty straight forward and a simple wire.

One note he normally bids for the wire, boxes, receptacles/switches, and all covers. Fixtures are all seperate and up to the individual owner to pick out. He either helps quide them through the process or sets them up with a lighting designer to provide them with all the proper insights and materials....

Just my 2cents.

rmking10

Reaction score
Buck50, I'm a journeyman electrician and when I do jobs like that I usually charge $40 per outlet/switch and that covers the the time and material. With vaulted ceilings sometimes it might cost more. But that is usually a good starting price.

9hundo

Fiddy, I just did a 6000 sq ft house for a friend and his bids for code wiring were $25K and $30K plus. They broke it all down pretty well in the bid. I did the whole thing, full custom, for $5K cash (labor only of course)...he got the better end of that deal.

i was wondering where i can get a reliable electrician? called 3 now to wire my hot tub! better call #4!

It's really easy...if you can wait til March, I'll do it for ya:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fiddy, I just did a 6000 sq ft house for a friend and his bids for code wiring were $25K and $30K plus. They broke it all down pretty well in the bid. I did the whole thing, full custom, for $5K cash (labor only of course)...he got the better end of that deal.

It's really easy...if you can wait til March, I'll do it for ya:d

Are you an illegal immigrant?:d:d

Top Bottom