Garage Heating- Radiant Tube Heat

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking to heat my garage. It's isn't large, only about 500 square feet with a VERY tall ceiling. Standard double garage. I'm looking to keep it a reasonable temperature for the wives car, work on the sleds, watch some oiler games ect. Does anybody have an approximate cost for radiant heat/how it works? I'm thinking radiant heat may be more practical for us then forced air as we are in a duplex and code restrictions make the exit for the exhaust pipe very difficult. Essentially we would need to extend a pipe through the wall, over the walkway, and into the dividing yard between us and our neighbour. Can't go out the other side as that is where we are attached. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated. Our situation is a little different then your standard 'what heat type should I use question.' The house is a 2 story and the second floor does extend over the garage a fair amount. I would estimate the ceiling height at 18+ feet in the back half (tall section) of the garage and about 9 feet in the low (front half) section of the garage. I can measure it tomorrow if the height is really a issue.

Cheers,
Tyler

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Mach1 a member on here. He installed the one in my garage. If anyone can do it Darren can. Excellent workmanship.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superior Radiant Products builds a u-tube unit that the exhaust pipe goes out through the the center of the intake. Very nice - only one hole through the wall. I have had one for about 13 years now with zero issues. It works great in my 26 x 26 garage.

http://www.superiorradiant.com/products/residential-garage-heaters/series-gr

ya been there to look at it today, the prob is he has a walk way and no matter what unit you use they can not be placed over walk way unless it passes it totally. They all make a u bend unit. We will figure out a solution one way or another, lol

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superior Radiant Products builds a u-tube unit that the exhaust pipe goes out through the the center of the intake. Very nice - only one hole through the wall. I have had one for about 13 years now with zero issues. It works great in my 26 x 26 garage.

http://www.superiorradiant.com/products/residential-garage-heaters/series-gr

I have one of these as well in my attached garage. Its been great. I leave it turned on as low as it can go in the winter and turn it up as needed. Very little recovery time.

Top Bottom