electrical problem??? Help

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new 08 summit 154, non x, no electric

sled runs awesome 95% of the time.

Then in the deep snow (ride in Revy) the engine light comes on , the engine double beeps and it runs (not in limp mode) like its got water in the gas (I use isoproponal) rough, under power. But then it will run just fine after a few minutes.
I have had the DESS key checked, and no error code is being recorded when the dealer connected it to the computer. (MPEM)
I think its electrical because when its dry the sled runs fine, no engine light and beep... but maybe its something else?

Maybe a throtle position sensor? rave valve issue?
Any suggestions for me to tell the dealer to check would be appreciated.

Thanks

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a mild knock symptom, have you had the reflash for the knock sensor issue? it also helps with hyper sensitive sensors, mine had the same type of symptoms last year except it wouldn't flash the engine light.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a mild knock symptom, have you had the reflash for the knock sensor issue? it also helps with hyper sensitive sensors, mine had the same type of symptoms last year except it wouldn't flash the engine light.

first time ive herd about this "flash" being a service writer for a BRP dealer you think i would have seen this or even herd of it:confused: got some homework tomorrow!:d

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 Rev does the same thing in heavy powder. I get too much snow inside the compartment and it cools the engine off rapidly (mostly from the clutch side vents when I turn left). I think one of the sensors reads this rapid cool down as the motor being cold and adds fuel to compensate until it heats back up. I plugged up all of the holes and vents on the bottom and clutch side of the sled then relocated vents to the exhaust side and near the handle bars to get rid of the heat. Along with that overpriced filter paper to keep the snow out, I haven't had the problem since.

Please don't think that I am a mechanic. This is just something that I have tried to solve my problem and I got lucky that it worked. I would hate to see you blow a motor taking my advice.

Cheers

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input..

the challenge for my dealer is to recreate the scenario to get the engine light to come on... they have it running while spraying it with water ( to recreate wet snow melting in the engine bay) and still no engine light comes on, they soak the DESS, no light...

so far they have re flashed the DPM and did all updates...

any more suggestions would be appreciated.

T

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a fraying wire issue on the 08's....remember reading about it....I'll do some digging.

Sledslut: refer to warranty bulletin 2009-10, 800R knock sensor sensitivity/limp mode #415-129-450

Edit: found this on the wire thing: ski-doo snowmobile forums - DOOTalk.com

Last edited:

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for these suggestions, very much appreciated.... my dealer (Bow Ridge) has been great, but just as frustrated as me.

I will pass on the info!!
:)

T

Top Bottom