Electric start removal?

hogan assault

Reaction score
I won my 2011 pro at a sled rally, it came with electric start. (Still can't beleive I won it!!) If I decided to remove the electric start how would I go about it? And what are the weight savings? Or is it worth doing? Thanks...

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you remove it? It's like having air conditioning ...........you won't miss it until you have it. If you do remove let me know as I know a few guys that would love to have it.

hogan assault

Reaction score
Verry true I may miss it. But from what I have read before the convenience of electric start isn't worth the weight. Lots of different opinions on this just wanted to ask the question again and see if the weight savings is worth it. And if it is...how to remove it.
Thanks

hogan assault

Reaction score
It is deffinately nice to have....But....I have read that it weighs 18lbs with the batterie....Now I know that isn't that much on a light sled and I am not a heavy guy....But....I know what it would cost in aftermarket parts to reduce the weight of my sled 18lbs. I bought a 2011 assault 155 a month before I won the pro, and I could barely keep the skiis on the ground. With the pro I find it takes alot more to get it to stand up. Could be the track difference. And suspension. P.S. The assault did not come with electric start.

Anyhow, thanks for the replies. All opinions welcome.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading teh intarweb, I've heard that the biggest diff between the Assault and Pro is the location of that front skid mount bolt.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading teh intarweb, I've heard that the biggest diff between the Assault and Pro is the location of that front skid mount bolt.

The front bolt on the Assault is in the lower hole on the bracket. This cause more ski lift, and the rails are more aggressive on the Assault.

sleded1

Reaction score
Keep the e start,,, why spend money to lose a feature, I got one for this year and will never go without again. Maybe try it out for a bit, if you like it, keep it, if you need the weight savings,,, lose it...

Top Bottom