Electric Start on Snowchecks

rider1

Reaction score
I emailed BRP on this they said most mountain riders didn't want it because of the weight. They told me to contact my nearest BRP dealer and they could add it.

the T3's will have a pull start (from the factory) and I'm betting a lot will get the ES installed by the dealer. A win-win situation for those that want both pull and ES.

Here's a question for BRP, can the T3 come with a factory installed ES? If not, why not?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I emailed BRP on this they said most mountain riders didn't want it because of the weight. They told me to contact my nearest BRP dealer and they could add it.

They have the figures on how many "mountain sleds" they sold in the mountains (and with that I mean Summits sold in BC, Alberta, possibly Saskatchewan, and the western USA; the mountain provinces so to speak!). They also have the figures on how many ES kits they installed on Summits for the mountains (not the eastern trail riders) at the factory in previous years. The percentage would surprise us and every year riders are looking for more and more convenience.

I don't believe them when they say the "riders didn't want them because of the weight". They finally got around to changing the silencer because of the weight and I am sure ES is an advertising ploy for the "listed weight of the T3".

I would still like to order ES from the factory and I am betting there are a lot of mountain riders that love the convenience of ES over the weight factor. Particularly, when one has to turn the sled over to get it unstuck; it sure is easy to push the orange button!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
They have the figures on how many "mountain sleds" they sold in the mountains (and with that I mean Summits sold in BC, Alberta, possibly Saskatchewan, and the western USA; the mountain provinces so to speak!). They also have the figures on how many ES kits they installed on Summits for the mountains (not the eastern trail riders) at the factory in previous years. The percentage would surprise us and every year riders are looking for more and more convenience.

I don't believe them when they say the "riders didn't want them because of the weight". They finally got around to changing the silencer because of the weight and I am sure ES is an advertising ploy for the "listed weight of the T3".

I would still like to order ES from the factory and I am betting there are a lot of mountain riders that love the convenience of ES over the weight factor. Particularly, when one has to turn the sled over to get it unstuck; it sure is easy to push the orange button!

Theres your problem.........

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Theres your problem.........

If one isn't stuck once in a while, then one isn't riding hard enough or riding challenging enough terrain! That's an old line and I am sure you know that one......hehehehe

I know what I ride! What about you? Doo you ride around those trees or just try to go through them? Surely, that track of yours sees quite a bit of sky......:d

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If one isn't stuck once in a while, then one isn't riding hard enough or riding challenging enough terrain! That's an old line and I am sure you know that one......hehehehe

I know what I ride! What about you? Doo you ride around those trees or just try to go through them? Surely, that track of yours sees quite a bit of sky......:d

I try and ride through tree's... never works.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No rope on ES models? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

They should go back to kickstarters on street bikes and cranking handles on cars incase the battery/starter quits working. Ya good idea.....NOT!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I don't think I have hit a tree in front of you? Lol

Seem to recall about 4 of us digging you out if a tree on the back side of hillclimb last year. Think it was the same day you decided wearing a tether was probably a good idea.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They should go back to kickstarters on street bikes and cranking handles on cars incase the battery/starter quits working. Ya good idea.....NOT!

Ha good point. I have 2600 ams on my e/s xm and not one issue where i needed a rope.

calltrex

Reaction score
I have estart on my new ktm and manual kick start. Never had to use the kickstart once since new 3yrs ago

Im wondering it the manual start even works...

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Big difference to having a back up starter on a OHV where the tow truck can't get to.

2012 KTM 450 SXF no back up kick starter. ... guess where I am when the battery ****s the bed and I'm stranded? In the back bowl an hour ride from camp in the sand dunes.

I rest my case. Until it happens to you and your effed....

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the difference from a non e/s when the pull cord breaks miles back. Get out the strap and giver a wrap! personally I don t find wrapping the strap that much of a big deal. done it a few times on my old king Cat 900, and that was way harder then my XM. I still might buy the pull start kit though.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding with a guy last week on a new xm and his e/s was in and out for a few days. Sometime it worked an sometimes it didn't. He was very happy to have the pull cord there instead of wrapping the clutch. I like having a backup.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No biggy to pull the rope
I get it if you have the money to spend Put it on

It hilarious to see the young guys buying ES and saying how soar they are at the end of the day of hard riding

just saying getting old sucks but pull start no biggy to me
All Mtn riders can pull it I am sure of that ;)

birdie

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No biggy to pull the rope
I get it if you have the money to spend Put it on

It hilarious to see the young guys buying ES and saying how soar they are at the end of the day of hard riding

just saying getting old sucks but pull start no biggy to me
All Mtn riders can pull it I am sure of that ;)

birdie

Yeah exactly, and besides you old guys complain whether you're sore or not so, I dont really see what difference estart makes either :D

Top Bottom