Electric Start on Snowchecks

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
So in 2014 if you snow checked a doo with electric start they didn't come with a rope to pull it if something happened...is it still like this in '15's snow checks or will they have both?

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'd rather pay 175 than pull the rope out and wind it up etc etc. I would need easy straight forward for my wife and son.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the same when i picked up my XM.. Looked on the panel and no rope - wtf? 2 years later, half a dozen xm's in our riding group with e-starts and only had 1 issue... Last weekend Paul was crossing a creek and didn't quite make it, forked his skis under the ice coming up the bank and was stuck in 1 1/2" water, starter made a terrible noise as he tried to fire it back up, not for a marine application i guess...haha.. We tried starting one for ****s and giggles when having lunch with the nylon rope provided and fired up 1st shot..

E-start all the way..

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-start is the cats @ss! Buy the e-start from factory then add the pull rope afterwards. Cheaper that way and you also don't have a hole in the side panel if you don't want one either. Go to a light weight battery and you are in business.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what people are saying is that it cost $650 to have estart and pull start. $450 factory add on for estart plus $200 for recoil from your dealer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
the T3's will have a pull start (from the factory) and I'm betting a lot will get the ES installed by the dealer. A win-win situation for those that want both pull and ES.

Here's a question for BRP, can the T3 come with a factory installed ES? If not, why not?

Top Bottom