Edson ATV Club Poker Rally - July 16, 2011

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you had trouble. I hope you had some fun though.

We had a Rzr S with us while clearing the trail & it fit through just fine.
I would suggest that if you have something wider than that, it probably dosen't fit in the ATV category in the first place....but sugestion noted. Or how about this - next year come out & help with the trail prep, then you can make it as wide as you like.

There were kids riding a Yamaha Breeze that made it back by mid afternoon.?.?.?

This comment concerns me. I bought a rzr xp 900 this spring. It is the widest sxs, machine, quad what difference does it make if it's an ATV or a UTV. Are you saying UTV's are not allowed to ride at your ralleys or just why did you make this statement? Is you club going to make the trials ATV friendly and not UTV friendly? I need to know before next years rally. I've attended your rally the past two years and enjoyed it much. I hope your not serious about this comment man.

Little Buddy

Reaction score
This comment concerns me. I bought a rzr xp 900 this spring. It is the widest sxs, machine, quad what difference does it make if it's an ATV or a UTV. Are you saying UTV's are not allowed to ride at your ralleys or just why did you make this statement? Is you club going to make the trials ATV friendly and not UTV friendly? I need to know before next years rally. I've attended your rally the past two years and enjoyed it much. I hope your not serious about this comment man.

Seriously dude. I know you didn't start this subject but if you are going to buy the widest machine or mod what you have to widen it & expect the whole trail system to "grow" with you you are crazy.

Bring your SUV for all I care, just don't complain when it gets scratched.

Beleive me, I've been there - done that when SxSs started to apear & the trails were as wide as a honda foreman. It took a lot of work, time for more people to catch on to the SxS & a substantial parts bill during the learning curve.

OVER & OUT. See ya next year people - or not.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We put on a Rally the weekend before this and all I can say it is alot of work, especially when a wind storm hits the day before and your volunteers have to go out on the trail and cut trees for 60 km. That alone is alot of work. I did notice the amount of fresh trees cut at this rally and some big ones too, that were stacked in many directions. That looked like alot of extra work that added to the set up. I will say some areas were pretty narrow, if you were riding a ranger you may get wedged. Ive come to the Edson rally for about 5 years now and have always enjoyed it. This year there was alot more skeg, water and mud and that would be with all the rain we had lately. The only complaint I had in the entire rally was the signage, there was some area's I didn't know if I was still on the trail or not. We were about the third and fourth quads in the rally so there was no trails yet. For all the people that volunteered your time koodo's to you all, the day was good, the prizes were great except for that I didn't win anything. :d

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously dude. I know you didn't start this subject but if you are going to buy the widest machine or mod what you have to widen it & expect the whole trail system to "grow" with you you are crazy.

Bring your SUV for all I care, just don't complain when it gets scratched.

Beleive me, I've been there - done that when SxSs started to apear & the trails were as wide as a honda foreman. It took a lot of work, time for more people to catch on to the SxS & a substantial parts bill during the learning curve.

OVER & OUT. See ya next year people - or not.

Wow what a jerk. Hard to believe you are the rep for an ATV club. Over & Out. :rolleyes:

Andrew650

Reaction score
As stated before with all the heavy winds we had out here and rainfall for almost 2 weeks I'm suprised the trail was this good, me and some friends went out couple days before and there was trees all over the place, as far as the loud campers you have to remember this is not a campground, best you can do is ask them to turn it down. You don't have to camp at the staging area there is lots of other open areas you can camp at. My group was at the gravel pit and there was lots of room over there. Hopefully this won't prevent you from comming back and if you do come back I suggest the gravel pit area just up the highway instead of the crowded staging area. Also was nice to meet you in person rknight, I'm the guy that blew the belt in Robb :p

Andrew650

Reaction score
Haha ya finished no problems this time, just little bit of overheating near the end, that will change when I get my rad relocation kit, other then that no problems with anyone in my group this time

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow what a jerk. Hard to believe you are the rep for an ATV club. Over & Out

dude he said they went through there with a rzr s which is the widest on the market he said any bigger than that and your out of the utv cattegory he wasnt dissing utv's by any means its sad the way people jump on the very small very dedicated vollunteer group as soon as something doesnt go their way if people dont stop crying the volunteers will soon giveup. their not a f#$@%$in catering crew PUT UP OR SHUT UP

jrhamel

Reaction score
The rally was great!!!! The Quad Garage guys had a great time, we didn't finish until 7:30 and it didn't mater. We were there for the ride and the people and both were great. Love the mud and the skeg. Thank you to all the volunteers and organizers! A few of us bought a membership to the club and will definitely be back.

Attachments

• edson rally 034.jpg
    edson rally 034.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 212
  • edson rally 033.jpg
    edson rally 033.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 210

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rally was great!!!! The Quad Garage guys had a great time, we didn't finish until 7:30 and it didn't mater. We were there for the ride and the people and both were great. Love the mud and the skeg. Thank you to all the volunteers and organizers! A few of us bought a membership to the club and will definitely be back.

x2 it was great!!! helped where i could and peaple helped our group

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpg
    IMG_2181.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 206

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A few more, it looked a little lonely as we finished before 1:30 and there was no one back at camp.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 207

Yvan

Reaction score
Edson ATV Club 9th Annual Poker Rally

Saturday July 16/2011

pre-registration Friday evening at staging area
All hands must be in by 4 pm
Draws @ 5pm sharp
Price: $20 includes 1 hand, $10 for each extra hand
Free Hot Dogs on trail and Hamburger at the finish.
Lots of door prizes & extra prizes for club members

range road 192(Swanson Road), 8 kms North to staging area on right hand side. Watch for the signs.

Club memberships available, Single $30, Family $40
Random camping available
Poker Rally distance @ 50 kms

Come out and support ATV trail development
in the Edson Area!!
More info Phone Norm or Pam 780-723-5236
Web: edsonatvclub.com Email: edsonatvclub@yahoo.ca

Hi
I Missed the rally this year and was wandering if quading in the same area after the rally is allowed? If yes, is there a gps coordinate to where the staging area was?
Thanks
Yvan

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you had trouble. I hope you had some fun though.

We had a Rzr S with us while clearing the trail & it fit through just fine.
I would suggest that if you have something wider than that, it probably dosen't fit in the ATV category in the first place....but sugestion noted. Or how about this - next year come out & help with the trail prep, then you can make it as wide as you like.

There were kids riding a Yamaha Breeze that made it back by mid afternoon.?.?.?

I run a RZR 4 which is the same width as the S and for the most part can weasel it through most places. Due to it's length it can take a couple back and forths but usually can make it and if not will pick a different route. As for next year if I'm not working I may be able to make it out to volunteer. And even though with some frustrations I did have fun.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
I Missed the rally this year and was wandering if quading in the same area after the rally is allowed? If yes, is there a gps coordinate to where the staging area was?
Thanks
Yvan

There's a whack of trails out there for you to explore. Here's the GPS coords to the main staging area where the tent was setup.

N 53deg 36.165'
W 116 deg 47.128'

You can stage at a number of places along Swanson Road.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for a great time!!!!! I thought it was going to be easy, glad it was not. started at 10:15 came out at 7:15 good day. We were at the back of the pack and the trail was nasty but good nasty, But to the people bitching about not enough time to finish LEAVE EARLY like 8 am early be first on the trail because if you are last like us expect a long hard ride.:d

Yvan

Reaction score
There's a whack of trails out there for you to explore. Here's the GPS coords to the main staging area where the tent was setup.

N 53deg 36.165'
W 116 deg 47.128'

You can stage at a number of places along Swanson Road.

Thanks
We're planing on quading that area this weekend.I believe there's a gravel pit in the area where it might be a drier place to stage?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
staging area was good and dry solid graveled loop no worrys of getting stuck or parking in a mud pit

Ngiroux

Reaction score
OK, Me (Norm) and my wife Pam have been organizing and putting this event on from the beginning. We have worked tirelessly for 8 of the 9 years to put on a family based rally, (one year away from organizing but still helping); we have no control over the weather. If anyone thinks the can find a dryer way thru the bush then was there, then I suggest you do like me and grab 10 of some of the best people I know and 4 chainsaws and cut your way thru a wall of wood in less than 12 hours. You couldn't have lost your way for long as you would have needed a chainsaw to go anywhere. The ribbons were very secondary to making a loop for all to enjoy. As for the party, can't beat them then join them. If all it takes is that for an excuse to quit supporting us then you never wanted to. I know I am on a rant but this is it! We are done doing this rally and I challenge any of the whiners that hide behind there stage name to step up and replace us, but I know you won't because you will have to put up and shut up and you are capable of neither. We took time away from our young family, time off work, donated our equipment, and missed 3 days of OT $3K worth to my family to help put on this rally for a few whiners and a lot of grateful people. I am sick of these people who take and never give. If you ever have tried to do this you know the amount of work it takes. My mother once told me if you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say anything, I read the whole thread and waited a week to say anything and in this case I think my mother was wrong. I am sorry we don't live up to your expectations Miranda, but I won't be trying harder, that is for sure. Hope you all enjoyed the last Edson ATV Club Poker Rally organized by me and my wife. Whiners suck!!!!!

Top Bottom