Edson ATV Club Poker Rally - July 16, 2011

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Numbers were down at the prize draw cause 1/2 of us were still stuck out on the trail b/w check points 2 and 3.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there were some great stucks ,had a blast,pulled a few outhers

Attachments

• 2011 edson rally 005.jpg
    2011 edson rally 005.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 2011 edson rally 014.jpg
    2011 edson rally 014.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 230
  • 2011 edson rally 021.jpg
    2011 edson rally 021.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 2011 edson rally 009.jpg
    2011 edson rally 009.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 2011 edson rally 007.jpg
    2011 edson rally 007.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 225

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a couple more pics. thanks to all who put this rally on was one of the best rides i have been on

Attachments

• 2011 edson rally 001.jpg
    2011 edson rally 001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 226
  • 2011 edson rally 019.jpg
    2011 edson rally 019.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 2011 edson rally 004.jpg
    2011 edson rally 004.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 233

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great rally! Holy MUD! This is the first time I brought up the rear at a rally and didn't realize how much longer it takes when you're the last people through every mud hole. I totally agree with everyone on the signage - we were never able to find checkpoints three and four. I swear we came to one intersection where there was ribbon in all three directions. The folks at checkpoint 5 were nice enough to let us draw our missing cards.

cloudyeyes

Reaction score
Here is some more pics from the rally:)

Attachments

• photo.JPG 343.jpg
    photo.JPG 343.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 200
  • photo.JPG 44.jpg
    photo.JPG 44.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 201
  • photo.JPG 33.jpg
    photo.JPG 33.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 201
  • photo.JPG 32.jpg
    photo.JPG 32.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 210
  • photo.JPG 22.jpg
    photo.JPG 22.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 204

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rally was fun but apparently you had to drive like an a-hole on the throttle hard in order to get back by 4 and in time to get your hands in. We left at nine and made the so called 1/2 way point which was 3/4 of the way around by 4 pm. I'm pretty sure there were quite a few who didn't make it back in time for the 4 pm cutoff b.s. Diligently helping others out stuck in them big muskeg holes and an over heating ranger slowed us up a bit also. I will give credit to the volunteers who put in their time and effort for the rally, I heard you were lacking with help in the volunteer department. Better trail signage and making sure that the trails are wide enough for sxs's to go down comfortably would be a suggestion. Most of the blow down that was across the trail could have been cut back a little farther, there were a few tight squeezes.

we had no problem making it back by 4 and that included definatly doing our fair share of helping others as well as my 11 yr old son on a hawkeye and towing a tyrex back from checkpoint 3 we were back by 345 and we left just after 9

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a great time as well, went out with three quads and only the polaris 400 made it back, A BIG THANKS, to the guy running checkpoint three (can't remember his name) for hauling my two broken quads, wife and kid back to the start while I finished the rally by 7pm. lol it was a long day but we had fun.

Attachments

• DSC01127.jpg
    DSC01127.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01131.jpg
    DSC01131.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01138.jpg
    DSC01138.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC01141.jpg
    DSC01141.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01125.jpg
    DSC01125.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 225

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Glad I volunteered, gave my oldest son a chance to ride, but I will think twice before I volunteer again for this club. Very dissappointed at the very loud music, that started and was allowed to continue, after everyone left except for those who camped all weekend. I am sure that the campers who spent a fair amount of money at this rally and who did not enjoy the music will not return, I know that some members of our group will not support this club anymore. This has never happened before and we have been going since 2006 and assured some new friends that it was alway quiet, which it always has been in the past. The trails are great, the rally is very well run and we had a great time until saturday evening. Makes it hard to have a conversation with friends around the fire after a great day. Also makes for a bitch fest the next morning when nobody got any sleep, kinda ruins the whole weekend. Hopefully, since this is touted as a family friendly event that the execs will take that into consideration next year as a few families with young children stayed all weekend.

Little Buddy

Reaction score
First of all, thank you to everyone who came out to support the the club. This is the club's only fund raiser & the money goes back into the trail system. Those fancy bridges & other improvements didn't just happen. They are built & put inplace by volunteers, donations & fundraising.

Next. Thank you to all of the people who gave their time to make this happen. There is a pile of work that goes into these events & without you, there would be no rally.

In regaurds to the signage, we appologize. It is usually better.
As many of you noted - there was a lot of trees that had to be cut just so there was a trail to ride. Those of us that were out there were doing the best we could & the signage sort of became secondary. I think we put more miles on our chainsaws than the quads while getting ready.

Mud & muskeg- some like it others don't. After 5" of rain in 2 weeks what do you expect....

We did hold off on the cut off time of 4:00PM until 5:00PM because we do realize that some people were having difficuty due to the wet conditions. There were some people back as early as 1:30PM and some that were later than 7:00PM.

As for the rest - it is random camping & some people must of wanted to let loose. Did anyone ask them turn it down?

I hope everyone had some fun & that you will be back again. I know I will.

Thanks again for making it a success.:beer:

Last edited:

kathy

Reaction score
I agree with the comment mossehumper made about the random camping and loud music, the club does not control this. If it was coming from the volunter side i am sure if asked to turn it down they would of.:nono: I think this would be a sad reason not to help the club again. Only my opinion.

Little Buddy

Reaction score
The rally was fun but apparently you had to drive like an a-hole on the throttle hard in order to get back by 4 and in time to get your hands in. We left at nine and made the so called 1/2 way point which was 3/4 of the way around by 4 pm. I'm pretty sure there were quite a few who didn't make it back in time for the 4 pm cutoff b.s. Diligently helping others out stuck in them big muskeg holes and an over heating ranger slowed us up a bit also. I will give credit to the volunteers who put in their time and effort for the rally, I heard you were lacking with help in the volunteer department. Better trail signage and making sure that the trails are wide enough for sxs's to go down comfortably would be a suggestion. Most of the blow down that was across the trail could have been cut back a little farther, there were a few tight squeezes.

I'm sorry you had trouble. I hope you had some fun though.

We had a Rzr S with us while clearing the trail & it fit through just fine.
I would suggest that if you have something wider than that, it probably dosen't fit in the ATV category in the first place....but sugestion noted. Or how about this - next year come out & help with the trail prep, then you can make it as wide as you like.

There were kids riding a Yamaha Breeze that made it back by mid afternoon.?.?.?

Last edited:

kathy

Reaction score
Normally this rally is not really that muddy or a whole lotta skeg. But with all the rain they had a week or 2 up to the start of the rally what would you of expected? But I hope fun was had by all even if they didn't make it back in time.;) I know i really missed it this year.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it's a family affair why does some jerk have to play there music so loud it's the inconsiderate aholes that ruin it for the rest of us that want to ride and have some quiet time with our families and friends after a day of riding if the club does'nt take this in to consideration your membership will drop if you want to play your music go random camp and then showup for the ride

Little Buddy

Reaction score
if it's a family affair why does some jerk have to play there music so loud it's the inconsiderate aholes that ruin it for the rest of us that want to ride and have some quiet time with our families and friends after a day of riding if the club does'nt take this in to consideration your membership will drop if you want to play your music go random camp and then showup for the ride

If this is the biggest issue, I'm glad.
That is an easy fix. I'm sure we can speak for those who don't have a voice & ask them to lower the vol. next time....
BTW, my 1 & 2yr olds slept just fine:Hammer3:
I for one, had a great time. Before, during & after. I hope we don't loose anyone.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the comment mossehumper made about the random camping and loud music, the club does not control this. If it was coming from the volunter side i am sure if asked to turn it down they would of.:nono: I think this would be a sad reason not to help the club again. Only my opinion.

maybe make yer own little sign say no long hair freaky people need not apply or no loud music after 11...we were camped on lease before the launch area and one group was there and they had loud obnoxious music too.. so play the odds and keep out of the most populated area..ya know this is gonna happen!

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe make yer own little sign say no long hair freaky people need not apply or no loud music after 11...we were camped on lease before the launch area and one group was there and they had loud obnoxious music too.. so play the odds and keep out of the most populated area..ya know this is gonna happen!

could'nt have said it better we were on site around a fire b-s in with freinds and it was alittle loud but what do you expectthe ride was organized not patrolled camping we would have camped more seclude however the area was fairly damp and i forgot to pack the tire chains (just in case) so we opted to stay at the main area with solid ground that i didnt have to worry about pulling out of it rained a bunch i have every intention of showing up next yr however will be better prepared you cannot hold the club responsible for partys after the rally if that was the case maybe you should set up camp in a managed campground hope to see ya all there next yr:beer:

Top Bottom