Edmonton Sled Show - Purchases

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did everyone think of the show? And what did you buy? I bought a new 509 helmet and 509 googles and a lead-dog light.

Was awesome to get out and see all the new products and meet some great friends...now just itching to hit the hills.

Don't mean to sound negative @ all as I love the Sled show but I for one don't seem to find many great deals there like I use too...everything I priced was the same price if not more then I can normally get from my dealer...just like to get everyone else's feed back on this. Anyway another great show and hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Edmonton Sled Show

What did everyone think of the show? And what did you buy? I bought a new 509 helmet and 509 googles and a lead-dog light.

Was awesome to get out and see all the new products and meet some great friends...now just itching to hit the hills.

Don't mean to sound negative @ all as I love the Sled show but I for one don't seem to find many great deals there like I use too...everything I priced was the same price if not more then I can normally get from my dealer...just like to get everyone else's feed back on this. Anyway another great show and hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did.
always better deals on the last day........

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I also enjoy the show every yr, seems like it got a little smaller. There were 4 booth that I know was not there this yr. I bought new can for new 2011 sled (when it comes in) soon I hope. I got new open face helmet also and oackley googles to try, billet wheels and can not wait for the ripcharger to hit the shelves. LOL

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well....for us hnugry guys...thought the Monster burger outlet was fantastic....no GRAVY thou.....not that I really need more grease....food was much better and those free stylers were awesome! :d GOOD SHOW !:beer:
X2 on that supercarger...could make an old sled real fast! Yahoo.....

Last edited:

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thought the show was pretty awsome
Picked up some good deals on a Klim Suit, Tracker 2 beacon, and some billet wheels.
And of course picked up the new thunderstruck
Missed out on the freestyle show though

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

People always talk about the great deals at the upcoming sled show but all the years i have gone and ya, not much different than dealer prices. I'm not complaining, just saying. Maybe i don't look in the right spots.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Good show. Always like running into people that you had met from seasons past or last year.
Everyone is always polite and in a great mood awaiting for the snow and upcoming season.
I picked up some new front and rear super clamps and glides for the deck.
Not a bad price for all the purchase but have seen better!
The nice thing is that it is one stop shopping rather than wasting time driving around or hoping that your order is on its way in time and undamaged!

Got the S$M apparel and made my donation for Taylor! That was one of my biggest reasons to go!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Looked at the 509 stuff, but it's quite a bit cheaper on their website even with the exchange. No great deals, but nice to see everything in one place.

Local cat dealer had 10x the inventory at the show that he has at the shop:eek:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bought a GoPro helmit cam, and the Crazy Canadian's vid. Was looking for a new pare of pants but could find as good of a deal as i was hoping for, but imight be to cheap! Hurry up Rip Charger!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Didn't think it was that great and definately not worth the $15 to get in, and if I had to pay $12 to park as well I would not have gone. There seemed to be some deals but I wasn't sure on the regular retail pricing so not sure if they were deals or not.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i bought some new avy gear myself. not a bad show but i agree with the pricing. there were no real show deals. all the items i personally picked up were no cheaper at the show then the local dealers

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We found a couple deals, HJC helmet with electric shield for $99. Muff pots for $36, and Doo skegs (carbides) for $30... was looking for more accessories but no one brought many...it was still a good outing, which beat the tele for the night.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

The beer gardens were waaay too far away!!!

Motogp

Reaction score

I was hugely disappointed in the show again. I haven't gone in a few years and thought I would check it out this year. As usual it's just a bunch of vendors selling items at regular prices.

The only thing I go for now is to see the custom sleds. There's always some ridiculous ones to look at.

I checked out the 509 booth as I bought their sinister googles a couple years ago when they first came out. Awesome googles by the way. I too was looking at picking up one of the helmets but seeing it in person I didn't care for the styling. However if it performs like the googles I am sure it will be a great helmet.

watson21

Reaction score

Yep, not many deals but some out of date stock are bargains. Got a pair of Castle pants 1/2 price. WOW vendors don't want to dicker but like the guy said most deals are on the last day. Lots of pretty girls for us knuckle dragger sled heads to look at. Also good to see the old windsor hotel trout lake is still operating. what a place!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

for deals go on the last day,purchased a muff pot know need to figure out were to install on a summit xp

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Show was pretty good, bought some new boots and trailer guides. Any thoughts on the Yamaha Power steering display? Need to try it on the trail!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i was really dissapointed in the lack of inventory some were carrying. there was no skidoo performance parts or anything. clutch kits, heads, not much.

also had to watch the pricing.

i picked up a new tracker 2 for 320 from the avalanche store and snowbungie and a few other places wanted 330 for the origional tracker. also paid 10$ more for a set of quick clickers than another shop. my own fault i didnt see it until the end.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Found a few sweet deals, bought a complete Castle X outfit for the 13 y/o for under 200 bones, a nice Fox jersey for the wife at a steal of a deal, and a couple of those foam Ski-Doo snow sleds for the boys for 15 bucks each. Dad got nothing, except for his 2010/11 VARDA membership. But I made up for it at the Locker Room....yeow....this morning was rough :D

Good to see everyone again, and meet some new S&M peeps....:beer:

Top Bottom