Edmonton Show Show Review

geordiep

Reaction score
Anyone go to the Edmonton Show this year? Thinking of heading up from Calgary Sunday AM. Is it worth the 6hr trek.

Rant: why Edmonton?? It should rotate with Calgary each year or have it central Red'neck Deer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 hours? You riding in a rickshaw? Lol. I agree. Move it around.

geordiep

Reaction score
3hrs each way. 2.5 to South Edmonton but 3 to Expo site. Add another 45 from Okotoks and its 7+ hours return.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The sled show was in Calgary about 4 years ago, but it was very dead in there. Nothing like the Edmonton sled show, and I think that is why Cowtown no longer has one?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be curious to the numbers saskatoon puts out compared to edmonton. Bet it's pretty close.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish the show occupied more halls and was more spread out this year, the two halls made it very crowded.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Review: hot girls handing out bags and magazines, trailers, Klim, Motorfist, Yammy, Polaris, AC, DooDoo, turbos, turbos, turbos, turbos, turbos, beer garden.

Same as every year. Looked like less vendors than last year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled show was in Calgary about 4 years ago, but it was very dead in there. Nothing like the Edmonton sled show, and I think that is why Cowtown no longer has one?

last show in Calgary was very low turnout.They have a much better turnout in saskatoon!!
They used to be great when the Calgary Snowmobile Club used to run them and then they got a promoter and they got super expensive and went for chit.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh because Red Deer isn't central Alberta if you look at a map. What about all the guys up north that have to travel 3-5 hours each way just to get to Edmonton.

true geographically it may not be, but if you factor in the population aspect it will be close. i also think there are more sledders in northern part of the province, mainly due to there being more snow on the ground throughout the winter. and you may as well have the official sled show where the majority of the riders are.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like the days of the great deals are gone.....your still paying pretty close to what u would in a store for gear and accessories. Then u factor in parking and entry your not saving anything, venders seem to be getting smaller wasn't impressed with 509 booth at all I was told that they could order anything I needed, I can do that anyway.

all in all sled show has been the exact same for the past few years
-7$ beers
-no real deals to get to stoked about
-hot girls
-some douche trying to "flick" a new doo

i wouldn't be driving 7 hours for it but Its still a good time killer on a good sat afternoon if your local and gets you stoked about riding soon.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They used to be great when the Calgary Snowmobile Club used to run them and then they got a promoter and they got super expensive and went for chit.

The best ones were actually held out of cow town! Remember Chestermere, there wasn't just a few sleds chained in the back of trucks in the parking lots, they were all lined up in a row in the grass like a real red neck swap meet.

Sorry to say man, but sledding has changed!

As reliability went up, we went from blue collar to white collar sledders. And if everyone doesn't believe that, ask yourself what percentage of guys have their own hand riveter and how often do they use it?

Hey Kenny, what were those metal thingys for tracks you used to sell?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going be doing some Riveting later today,,, stainless steel rivets by hand its not much fun...lol

Top Bottom