Edmonton oilers suck.... A venting thread

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, someone is misinformed.... Oilers were game 7 of Stanley cup final in 2006.... What's this 2001 about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's a nucks fan! They don't use actual facts when chirping. They make things up as they go. Kinda like how successful they feel their team is. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how this went from friendly rivalry to personal attacks on the entire canucks fans base and me personally. I never trashed you or other oilers fans , just your team.
Grow up we don't live in the eighties anymore. There are good sporting fans of every team. You sir carry far too much anger to be one of them. My work is done here lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personal attacks? If you feel anything said is a personal attack you can always fill out the official form.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO THE OILERS NAMED BOB NICHOLSON AS THE NEW CEO OF OILERS ENTERTAINMENT.... EVERYONE REPORTS TO HIM, AND HE REPORTS DIRECTLY TO KATZ.... APPARENTLY KEVIN LOWE IS NOT IN THE PICTURE ANYMORE. MOVED TO ANOTHER DIVISION OF KATZ'S EMPIRE.

Nicholson Appointed Chief Executive Officer of Oilers Entertainment Group - Edmonton Oilers - News

Untill I hear he and Mac t, have been relieved of their duties and thanked for their copious years of ****ty management .... Nuttin has changed

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Untill I hear he and Mac t, have been relieved of their duties and thanked for their copious years of ****ty management .... Nuttin has changed

Honestly I can't say anything horrible about MacT so far. Look at what the team looked like at the start of the season 2 years ago and what it looked like at the end of this season as far as players go.

Roy was a great addition. Replacing the underperformance of Arco. Pouliot although injured a bit wasn't bad when he was playing. Turned david peron into a first round pick in a deep draft year. I could go on. If anyone in recent GM history has at least tried it's him.

I give MacT a chance to turn things around.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
U don't remember his big speech when he first started? He was going to make some "big moves" and make an immediate impact and address all the problems and make them a contender this year..... Well, now he's even saying be patient and probably not many "big" changes this year.... He's all smoke screen, and he learned from the best, klowe. The most out of touch, arrogant, pompous gm of all time.... Living on the laurels of his past. He has 6 Stanley cup rings and knows how to win. Deceitful lying bastage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah and he also said Schultz was a potential Norris trophy candidate but whatever. If McDavid is the game changer he appears to be it could be enough to change their double rebuild time frame. Yeah it sucks but it can turn around quickly. Just like Cup champions not making the playoffs, a bottom finisher can go to the finals.

He has managed to make positive adjustments in a market which isn't preferred city to move to. Look at the 2012-13 roster and the roster going forward without even adding McDavid. I would take Scrivens and Fasth over Khabi and Dubby any day. dubnyk is benefitting from better D in Minny. If edmonton doesn't manage a true first pairing going into this season then sure, I will agree MacT is smoke and mirrors.

Schultz, Schultz, petry, Whitney, smid and potter blew chunks. Is Whitney even still in the league?

As far as Lowe goes, who cares. A muppet could fill that role.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm petry. Is doing great as a hab, and dubby has done great also, it isn't the players lol, it's the management and developing of their players that blows chunks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the Habs didn't develop Petry over 20 games. Edmonton did. The problem was they were using him as a first pairing D playing way to many minutes against the toughest lines all the time. He was at best a second pairing. He developed fine and he would have continued to be fine. Just not playing the minutes he was playing.

Dubnyk is doing well because of the Defense in front of him. Minnesota actually has decent Defense to support the guy stopping the puck.

Edmonton needs to go out and get a Defense pairing that can play the big minutes. The biggest issue I have with MacT is that he figures only offends wins games. Well that's may be true but lack of Defense loses games.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to say it but he developed more in those 20 games as a hab then he did in his entire time in Edmonton , defense and goaltenders take time to develop, and the process is a lot quicker when you have someone behind the bench that knows what the hell they are doing,

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ABOUT FRICKIN' TIME........ LOWE YOU F@^KING BASTAGE....

Report: Kevin Lowe relieved of duties as Oilers' president of hockey operations

The first domino in the restructuring of the Edmonton Oilers' front office appears to have fallen.
Kevin Lowe will be dropping the title of president of hockey operations - a post he held since the 2008-09 season - and is moving to the business side of Oilers Entertainment Group, according to Mark Spector of Sportsnet.
This falls in line with an earlier report stating Peter Chiarelli is set to be hired as the team's new head of hockey operations sometime Friday morning.
The Oilers have also reportedly parted ways with president Patrick Laforge.
More to come.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many players do they need to draft before they abandon their program? Its not just about draft picks, it scouting and training and so much more. If the Oilers were in any other city in Canada they would have folded or moved.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Meanwhile, Kevin Lowe will be moving from hockey operations - a post he'd held since the 2008-09 season - to the business side of Oilers Entertainment Group. At the same time, Patrick LaForge has stepped down as president and CEO of the Group, while former GM Craig MacTavish's new role within the organization is yet to be determined.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit of light at the end of the tunnel

Top Bottom