Edmonton in the Winter

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
They said the roads outside Edmonton AB were slippery this morning. Here are some shots of rolled vehicles in the ditch today at roughty noon. It Was Slippery!!!
:rolleyes:
Follow This Link and Then Click "Edmonton in the Winter"

Last edited:

PowPow

Reaction score
No Surprise

Makes you wonder what people are thinking. Drove from Red Deer to Calgary today, no roll overs but with the wind blowing it was obvious that there were ice patches and people still passing me @ 130 km/hr.
Watched a truck flip 200 m in front of me two weeks ago and still no one slowed down.
Is it a big surprise that insurance rates just keep climbing?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 cars and 1 truck in the ditch this morning (1 car on its side with the roof caved in) between Whitecourt and Hwy 32 (7 Km stretch) People cannot drive.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a common thread in these pictures; quite a few small SUV's upside down. I'm guessing that the false sense of security is inflating their ego's a little too much...

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
4 X 4 Ditched

I agree, most of them were 4X4 Trucks or SUV's. I missed one that was a SUV that had rolled and was pretty messed up.
I thought it was fairly amazing that so many were "Wheels Up".
I know it's not sledding but it is funny and I hope everyone enjoys them!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
that all started around 5:20am, CISN was already reporting roll overs on the QE2 between Nisku and Leduc

S

stripe

lol good point

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a common thread in these pictures; quite a few small SUV's upside down. I'm guessing that the false sense of security is inflating their ego's a little too much...

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Those types of vehicals have a short wheel base and are top heavy,People think they are good cause they are 4wheel drive when in all reality their horrible on icy roads.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly i've been there done that!

rolled my second truck on black ice headed to work on xmas eve morning.. 2wd and heavy foot don't mix well on that stuff! :doh: I learned my lesson the hard way, but I sure have a lot more caution winter driving!

Top Bottom