Economy/Recession

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that is not for me to figure out. I am just being the messenger here and I support the pipe line to go in provided they do it in a safe manner. Not sure why you guys are asking me for a solution. I see a lot of emotion coming out of AB these days. Bet you guys didn't put this much thought/concern when the US imposed duties on the softwood issue putting many guys out of work.
Everyone was concerned when that happened in BC, but Albertans were not responsible for it, and Albertans have not opposed any BC products coming through Alberta. Maybe we should start.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never said AB was responsible for that. Pls enlighten me where I said that.

Also, if you want tit for tat then with that reply should BC stop the current oil flowing via KM line?

Everyone was concerned when that happened in BC, but Albertans were not responsible for it, and Albertans have not opposed any BC products coming through Alberta. Maybe we should start.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small minority do not want the pipeline to go through BC. Trudeau and his sympathy for what ever reasons to First Nations is the biggest and only stumbling block if you ask me.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for northern BC (where you come from) but most of my friends and colleagues here in the Okanagan do support a pipe line as there is no alternative. They just want it done safe and I am one of them.

A small minority do not want the pipeline to go through BC. Trudeau and his sympathy for what ever reasons to First Nations is the biggest and only stumbling block if you ask me.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I say to Hell with BC and route to go is right over top of them to the Alaskan coast I am sure the peeps in the Yukon/Alaska would like the work. Oh don't let me forget I am sure all the welders/others from BC will want to work on that route as well. But hey we as Albertans should just say no you are not allowed cause you opposed it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad you guys voted in Redford, she is the real reason the pipeline is not in and running right now.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never said AB was responsible for that. Pls enlighten me where I said that.

Also, if you want tit for tat then with that reply should BC stop the current oil flowing via KM line?
You brought up the softwood issue and said no one seemed concerned. Alberta has not stopped anything or hindered BC's economy in any way that I know of. BCers are the ones opposing projects that will benefit not only Alberta, but the entire country's economy. But who the hell cares about the rest of the country eh?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why should BC get profits from the oil in the pipeline? Alberta doesn't get a share of the lumber profits that travel through Alberta.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a HUGE difference in what I said and your argument. All I was pointing out is that we faced adversity here in BC with the softwood issue and I never heard boo from AB about getting it fixed. Don't make something more than what it is.

You brought up the softwood issue and said no one seemed concerned. Alberta has not stopped anything or hindered BC's economy in any way that I know of. BCers are the ones opposing projects that will benefit not only Alberta, but the entire country's economy. But who the hell cares about the rest of the country eh?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a HUGE difference in what I said and your argument. All I was pointing out is that we faced adversity here in BC with the softwood issue and I never heard boo from AB about getting it fixed. Don't make something more than what it is.
What should Albertans have done about it then?

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
asias been sucken back everything they can for years and sinking them in lakes for future use...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Lions share of the risks would have been on BC shoulders. Spill a load of lumber and it helps the environment. Not so with oil, it cost a ton of money to clean up.

Top Bottom