Economy/Recession

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pipelines are federal jurisdiction, provinces dont have a say. advancement is meant to benefit the whole country. a couple years ago i had a major power transmission line cross my property, i opposed it but it didnt matter cause it was for the common good of alberta, same thing applies to a pipeline. if we keep this up i honestly think alberta should just say fucjk you canada and seperate!!! go seperate or join the states. then we can charge the **** outa bc and the eaast for our bad evil world wrecking oil that they say dont need anyway, they can run around in their solar powered cars

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think more blame is necessary on Kinder Morgan than any government (they all share blame). They were told years ago in order to make it happen they needed to comply to 5 critical points. They have met 3 out of the 5 and even under KM admittance they need more work on the other 2 points. The government made it very clear once all points are met then they would give it the thumbs up. It is no different than my shop I am currently building at home. While digging we found out approx 4 ft of my Bio Cycle septic line is too close to the proposed foundation. Interior Regional district shut us down until we deal with the issue. If I don't then no shop. So, I am forced to fork out another $6 grand to fix the issue that was not planned. Rules are rules unfortunately.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think more blame is necessary on Kinder Morgan than any government (they all share blame). They were told years ago in order to make it happen they needed to comply to 5 critical points. They have met 3 out of the 5 and even under KM admittance they need more work on the other 2 points. The government made it very clear once all points are met then they would give it the thumbs up. It is no different than my shop I am currently building at home. While digging we found out approx 4 ft of my Bio Cycle septic line is too close to the proposed foundation. Interior Regional district shut us down until we deal with the issue. If I don't then no shop. So, I am forced to fork out another $6 grand to fix the issue that was not planned. Rules are rules unfortunately.

WOW, are you REALLY that oblivious, or you just trolling ?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same about you. We all have to follow rules so follow them and get the job done. Why should they get a pass and the avg joe has to follow them. Very simple.

On another note, IMO this is also a delay tactic by the government as they are heading into by-elections especially in Port Coquitlam where they are opposed to the line expansion. So, C.Clark keeps the seat (is she wins) and eventually KM will make the necessary adjustments and make it happen. You have your opinion and I have mine.

WOW, are you REALLY that oblivious, or you just trolling ?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of the 5 met.

The two remaining can't be done by themselves as Federal jurisdiction apply ie marine response, that's port authority and coast guard so how are they supposed to control this?

The federal Govt needs to slide a chair up to the table and say, we have a shared responsibility and let's resolve a practical best solution.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that is not for me to figure out. I am just being the messenger here and I support the pipe line to go in provided they do it in a safe manner. Not sure why you guys are asking me for a solution. I see a lot of emotion coming out of AB these days. Bet you guys didn't put this much thought/concern when the US imposed duties on the softwood issue putting many guys out of work.

3 of the 5 met.

The two remaining can't be done by themselves as Federal jurisdiction apply ie marine response, that's port authority and coast guard so how are they supposed to control this?

The federal Govt needs to slide a chair up to the table and say, we have a shared responsibility and let's resolve a practical best solution.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that is not for me to figure out. I am just being the messenger here and I support the pipe line to go in provided they do it in a safe manner. Not sure why you guys are asking me for a solution. I see a lot of emotion coming out of AB these days. Bet you guys didn't put this much thought/concern when the US imposed duties on the softwood issue putting many guys out of work.
No emotion not looking for a solution from you either. Would rather people actually do their research and understand rather than speculate what they're being told by media, concerned groups and paid activist or actors is actual fact.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I think Alberta should separate as Quebec supposedly has done and we can keep are equal payments. This country is fastly becoming separated anyway why not pull the trigger now. (I know only if it were possible with the chit storm we got going on):mad:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trust me I don't make my decisions or otherwise from the media only. That is why I made the comment about the by-election in my previous post which the media is not reporting.

No emotion not looking for a solution from you either. Would rather people actually do their research and understand rather than speculate what they're being told by media, concerned groups and paid activist or actors is actual fact.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trudeau already told us what his plans are. No pipeline and shut down the oil sands. Print money is the new direction. .you guys get a billion. Billions here and there what can go wrong. Why is the dollar falling. .oh ya the CBC told us low oil. It is not a world thing just us.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you show us where he said that? Just curious is all.

Trudeau already told us what his plans are. No pipeline and shut down the oil sands. Print money is the new direction. .you guys get a billion. Billions here and there what can go wrong. Why is the dollar falling. .oh ya the CBC told us low oil. It is not a world thing just us.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what were the 5 things? I'm genuinely curious and my quick Google search didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here you go (before anyone bashes me I did not write up these conditions) :cool:

The province outlined its five conditions in 2012. They include:

• Successful completion of the environmental review process. In the case of Enbridge, that would mean a recommendation by the National Energy Board Joint Review Panel that the project proceed;

• World-leading marine oil spill response, prevention and recovery systems for B.C.’s coastline and ocean to manage and mitigate the risks and costs of heavy oil pipelines and shipments;

• World-leading practices for land oil spill prevention, response and recovery systems to manage and mitigate the risks and costs of heavy oil pipelines;

• Legal requirements regarding Aboriginal and treaty rights are addressed, and First Nations are provided with the opportunities, information and resources necessary to participate in and benefit from a heavy-oil project; and

• British Columbia receives a fair share of the fiscal and economic benefits of a proposed heavy oil project that reflects the level, degree and nature of the risk borne by the province, the environment and taxpayers.

what were the 5 things? I'm genuinely curious and my quick Google search didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here you go (before anyone bashes me I did not write up these conditions) :cool:

The province outlined its five conditions in 2012. They include:

• Successful completion of the environmental review process. In the case of Enbridge, that would mean a recommendation by the National Energy Board Joint Review Panel that the project proceed;

• World-leading marine oil spill response, prevention and recovery systems for B.C.’s coastline and ocean to manage and mitigate the risks and costs of heavy oil pipelines and shipments;

• World-leading practices for land oil spill prevention, response and recovery systems to manage and mitigate the risks and costs of heavy oil pipelines;

• Legal requirements regarding Aboriginal and treaty rights are addressed, and First Nations are provided with the opportunities, information and resources necessary to participate in and benefit from a heavy-oil project; and

• British Columbia receives a fair share of the fiscal and economic benefits of a proposed heavy oil project that reflects the level, degree and nature of the risk borne by the province, the environment and taxpayers.
Thanks. Just a guess but are the 2nd and 5th ones you listed the ones they didn't meet?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just a guess but are the 2nd and 5th ones you listed the ones they didn't meet?

To make it even worse , in # 5 , just imagine. In that one you also have BC 1 st nations groups, just in case the BC world savers missed a meeting . Just noticing in this area and a couple others i"ve been to recently, the lack of BC license plates is very noticeable, been a lot of years since I've seen such a drop in the number of our BC neighbours working , recreating and especially shopping here. Gonna be tough for a lot of families that have become used to higher income.
But yeah, they'll be home more. :)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks for the info but this is for the N.Coast not Vancouver harbour which does have tanker traffic as we speak. TBH, I am sitting on the fence about allowing tankers thru the maze of islands up north as well. Atleast for Vancouver it is pretty much a easier route. If the route up north was safe why did Enbridge try to downplay the route on their proposed video/commercials to convince people otherwise.

Top Bottom