eBikes and related things.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam,,, and i missed them on the other side of the valley i was touring around a few weeks ago...
20240329_114036.jpg

There away ahead of us in the green spring season...

Thanks for sharing,,, yes big mountains = big battery

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be nice for camping. Public campgrounds, cruise in and out quietly.
Go out on some back country trails.
Only problem, battery dies, you are pushing it back home. Don’t think a Greenie solar panel would charge it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be nice for camping. Public campgrounds, cruise in and out quietly.
Go out on some back country trails.
Only problem, battery dies, you are pushing it back home. Don’t think a Greenie solar panel would charge it.

How would that stack up against the KTM EXC?

1712713952506.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it says reservation. Are there any around or they like the cyber truck? haha 80hp is pretty good. More than a CR500

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 66 lb ish ebike is alot of bike too crank back too civilization if that be the case...

A 44 lb'er is alot easier

There's a full suspension fat tire make that came in at 80+ lbs,,, the only complaint is its weight...

If a person is Concider-ing a e-bike for the mountains it's kinda of nice think terrain and weight of a unit too fit onces riding style...

I truely enjoy my 26 ish lb analog ht mtb since its as nimble as they come...
20230513_130611.jpg

It won't speed ball the rad like my f.s. vvv
20220713_152907.jpg

My new mtb is f.s in medium weight because I want some battery too get me up there,,, pitch battery at the top and free ride the roll'es up there...

Pack up and free ride down at days end...

20230513_155028.jpg

The vast expanses of Endless up top on this Crow Foot Mt,,, lots of wicked goat and sheep trails leading along the slopes...

Breath taking for sure...

Dump battery puts the bike into the 42 too 44 lb catagory...

Happy hunting for the unit that might work for yha...

North of 49th

Don

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually have not weighed my bike yet but I put 14km on without using the motor. I was quite surprised that riding the bike, it didn’t feel heavy to ride like I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a helmet law for ebikes? I've seen a few in town here and some of them really rip!!! But I never see anyone wearing a helmet, not even a bicycle helmet
Just curious......

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a helmet law for ebikes? I've seen a few in town here and some of them really rip!!! But I never see anyone wearing a helmet, not even a bicycle helmet
Just curious......
I believe in in Edmonton, it’s a law. I’m in my 50s. Definitely at times I realize I’m going super fast without a helmet. But I grew up on half pipes and quarter pipes doing sick ch!t on BMX bikes. No helmet lol. Still don’t wear one
I’ve been waiting to get pulled over by the police in Edmonton for a helmet infraction lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious......

They are speed limited to 32kmh, the motor stops delivering power, but the rider can make them go faster you are just able to sustain 32kmh easier.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats a good motor size? 350 watts?
In my opinion, if you’re getting a full downhill bike. Something you’d ride in Whistler let’s say. Super light aluminum/carbon bikes specific to shredding 350 W is OK because they are so light.

If you’re gonna rip around River trails of red deer Calgary Edmonton and lightweight isn’t quite as important. 1000w 160 nm torque is awesome and it doesn’t really matter how heavy the bike is with that kind of power. My bike trix FS Pro is plenty for me to ride around edm causing trouble lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you’re getting a full downhill bike. Something you’d ride in Whistler let’s say. Super light aluminum/carbon bikes specific to shredding 350 W is OK because they are so light.

If you’re gonna rip around River trails of red deer Calgary Edmonton and lightweight isn’t quite as important. 1000w 160 nm torque is awesome and it doesn’t really matter how heavy the bike is with that kind of power. My bike trix FS Pro is plenty for me to ride around edm causing trouble lol

Id be looking for some thing for paved trails in red deer. With a tiny bit of dirt.

Dont need a motor for lift access down hilling. Its the up hilling thats when it would be nice lol

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id be looking for some thing for paved trails in red deer. With a tiny bit of dirt.

Dont need a motor for lift access down hilling. Its the up hilling thats when it would be nice lol

You would be looking for a trail bike like the instinct powerplay Rocky mountain for example. It doesn’t have knobby dirt tires on it to reduce rolling resistance etc.

The Rocky mountain has the ability to change the tune of the 4 motor power stages and how the power comes on. Not sure how the other manufacturers do it.
A good bike shop will let you demo and try the bike you are interested in.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would be looking for a trail bike like the instinct powerplay Rocky mountain for example. It doesn’t have knobby dirt tires on it to reduce rolling resistance etc.

The Rocky mountain has the ability to change the tune of the 4 motor power stages and how the power comes on. Not sure how the other manufacturers do it.
A good bike shop will let you demo and try the bike you are interested in.

My Trek Rail has eco, trail, emtb and boost modes.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends, actual e bike motor sizes are 55nm up to 85nm. Wattage is 350w up to 900w.
These are pedal assist and governed to 32km/h to be legal on pathways and trails.

I want one with throttle. Dont care if its legal, cause no one else does in red deer.

Top Bottom