eBikes and related things.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With our warm weather and the likelihood of mashed potatoes up top, I got one eBike out yesterday. I didn't like the Presta tire valves on our bikes and on my bike in particular. Seemed to lose air on a regular basis. The bikes came with tubeless tires and at the end of the season last year, one tire went flat regularly. I decided to go with familiarity and put in tubes with Schrader valves. YouTube was a big help. I will do our second bike today and follow up with more pictures.

IMG_7229.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say tubeless is the way to go. Less flats they tell me:oops: but have not tried them. We had some nice snow up there on Friday.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tubeless setups will lose some air but should not go flat. If they do they probably don't have enough sealant. You can add sealant by removing the presta valve stem core and add sealant with a syringe. Most tires use about 250ml total.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say tubeless is the way to go. Less flats they tell me:oops: but have not tried them. We had some nice snow up there on Friday.
Tubeless allows for lower tire pressure since there is no tube to pinch on the rim when you smack a rock or root.
Punctures usually seal themselves too, but if not you can use a plug repair on the trail and re in flare.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tubeless setups will lose some air but should not go flat. If they do they probably don't have enough sealant. You can add sealant by removing the presta valve stem core and add sealant with a syringe. Most tires use about 250ml total.
Our eBikes have been a learning curve and the tubeless tires are just one of the curves. Tires on my bike (the ones I changed yesterday), definitely didn't have 250ml in them.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our eBikes have been a learning curve and the tubeless tires are just one of the curves. Tires on my bike (the ones I changed yesterday), definitely didn't have 250ml in them.
Manufacturers seem to cheap out on things like this, same for oil volumes in forks. If they save 10-20 ml per bike that's a big savings to the company on 10,000 bikes.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My kids are into the downhill stuff and have warned me if I continue to use tubes riding with them I will be walking home one day😂

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My kids are intonyhe downhill stuff and have warned me if I continue to use tubes riding with them I will be walking home one day😂
Hahaha...........I had to walk home with my tubeless tires. I carry some tools, a spare tube, and a patch kit. Also, a small hand pump (I may look at some CO2 cartridges).

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I find my tires go low to on tubeless to but I just add a shot of the white goo and I’m off. Like P dude said poping off rocks and trail fix’s are a brezzzz, But again I’m not sure your out hucking the dh trails.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes I find my tires go low to on tubeless to but I just add a shot of the white goo and I’m off. Like P dude said poping off rocks and trail fix’s are a brezzzz, But again I’m not sure your out hucking the dh trails.
Basically, we are on logging roads. We stay out of bike parks and the highly used single tracks.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
Tried riding snowmobile trails on the power line today for the first time. Could not keep up enough speed to go up a slight incline so turned around. no trouble when gravity was with me but the 3/4 century old mind didnt like the "speed" coming back. The snowy/Icey pavement was ok.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched mine to tubeless and was really surprised at how much of a difference it made. It feels very different. Mostly good. I found it took a little getting used to

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried riding snowmobile trails on the power line today for the first time. Could not keep up enough speed to go up a slight incline so turned around. no trouble when gravity was with me but the 3/4 century old mind didnt like the "speed" coming back. The snowy/Icey pavement was ok.
Need fat tires for snow

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes,,, low pressure fat tires are the way too go for all season riding
20220306_174128.jpg

20210101_121443.jpg

Carry a flex tube air pump,,, a few tubes,,, patch kit and giver...

A person can't own enough fat tire bikes...
20201221_142205.jpg

Build them cheap and ride the crap out of them is the best...

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As soon as I find the right tool I'm installing a bafang motor into my old m.bike. 33mm flat spanner I think, probably use a chisel ;)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom