East Kootenay Crown land closed

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
Sh!tty.......

Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act (RS, 1996, Chap 111), an Evacuation ORDER has been issued by the Regional District of East Kootenay due to immediate danger to life safety due to a wildland fire.
Members of the RCMP and Search and Rescue will be expediting this action.
A total of 223 properties in the South Moyie Lake area are included in the evacuation ORDER:

• Moyie Shores Estates
  • Braunagel Road
  • Eagles Nest RV Resort
  • Moyie townsite
  • Both sides of Highway 3/95 south of Moyie Lake to Stone Creek as shown on the map associated with this order

Thats what hat I was trying to post.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drinking beer is good. Evacuation not so good.

Hope all goes well for you guys.
If the winds keep up and they can't get a handle on it I expect to be on alert by midweek. Getting ready just in case, Ken only had a few hours to prepare.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what the fire looked like in the early hours of Sunday; Photo by Doug Williamson from Cranbrook.
21231108_1656101017758008_7030871538854222948_n.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy! Drove through there this summer for the first time. Very nice area sad to see it burn like that! Stay safe!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is crazy, stay safe down there. If you or ken need somewhere to park a trailer I have space.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the winds keep up and they can't get a handle on it I expect to be on alert by midweek. Getting ready just in case, Ken only had a few hours to prepare.

We were given minutes....I TOOK hours. Friggin fire's never gonna get to my house! They can't actually force you to leave. They can only stop you from coming back. That's where the arguement started. That cop was pretty patient. I would have slapped me!

Beautuful day in Sparwood today though. :D

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a nice in Sparwood is soooo right
We were given minutes....I TOOK hours. Friggin fire's never gonna get to my house! They can't actually force you to leave. They can only stop you from coming back. That's where the arguement started. That cop was pretty patient. I would have slapped me!

Beautuful day in Sparwood today though. :D

Top Bottom