East Kootenay Crown land closed

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heads up long weekend campers.

Effective 1:00pm Saturday Sept. 2.

No public access to crown land due to fire danger. Also a complete water craft closure on Moyie Lakes, and evacuation alert north of Moyie Townsite to new bridge construction at Owls Nest campground. This takes in the Provincial Campground at Moyie Lake, among other things.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp...P RockyMountainForestDistrict 20170831 V3.pdf

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp...8292017~61406_Moyie Lake Area Restriction.pdf

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heads up long weekend campers.

Effective 1:00pm Saturday Sept. 2.

No public access to crown land due to fire danger. Also a complete water craft closure on Moyie Lakes, and evacuation alert north of Moyie Townsite to new bridge construction at Owls Nest campground. This takes in the Provincial Campground at Moyie Lake, among other things.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp...P RockyMountainForestDistrict 20170831 V3.pdf

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp...8292017~61406_Moyie Lake Area Restriction.pdf

No were to hide? Were burning up in southern BC. This heat needs a kick in the sunny parts. But soon I'll be bitching about the rain.
have a great boring long weekend all!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The view from my deck.

lamb fire 2.jpg
lamb fire 3.jpg

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that Koocanusa is shut down as of tonight? Any truth? Cannot seem to find anything.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that Koocanusa is shut down as of tonight? Any truth? Cannot seem to find anything.

All crown land is closed and the logging roads are also closed. Private campgrounds on private land are open but no fires allowed. So no random camping, no fishing in the back-country, no hunting, you can't even go up Morrissey nor the LodgePole (I don't know about Coal Creek as that is private land), etc.. starting at noon tomorrow.

I don't know what is happening to all the bicyclists that come down from Elk Lakes Provincial Park. I would assume that the Park is closed at the Alberta border but I haven't heard anything.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's burning pretty good eh?

Did those tourists stay off the lake today?

Just flared up big time a half hour ago! Yup, not only did they stay off the lake, but the ones across the lake with their million dollar "cabins" are being forcefully evacuated right now. They're on the lake shore directly below all these flames.

Here's the latest view from my deck.

lamb fire 4.jpg

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out hunting with my son yesterday and today until 1 pm. So with the closure my son's junior season ended real quick but at 11:30 he tagged a white tail buck.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sh!tty.......

Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act (RS, 1996, Chap 111), an Evacuation ORDER has been issued by the Regional District of East Kootenay due to immediate danger to life safety due to a wildland fire.
Members of the RCMP and Search and Rescue will be expediting this action.
A total of 223 properties in the South Moyie Lake area are included in the evacuation ORDER:

• Moyie Shores Estates
  • Braunagel Road
  • Eagles Nest RV Resort
  • Moyie townsite
  • Both sides of Highway 3/95 south of Moyie Lake to Stone Creek as shown on the map associated with this order

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the flooding and fires happening in different parts there is something to be said about living in the edmonton area. We don't get much here.

Top Bottom