East Kootenay Crown land closed

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correction. Evacuation ALERT. Notice means you leave. Got it here at my sons place just north of Sparwood too. Frick! I can't go anywhere to get a way from this chit. Checked my place at Moyie today. Looks like the safest place in the valley. Won't let me in though.

Looking north towards Elkford is pretty ugly. Betting Ferniesnow is a little busy right now. Use this alert wisely up there folks. They give you zero time after an evacuation "notice" is issued. We never got an alert. They went straight to a notice. Was a chit show.
Correct. Just an alert. Not sure what I meant to type there. Notice was not the right word though lol.

Smokey in town now. But felt a few raindrops so hopefully that leads to a good day or two of rain.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evacuation alert for Elkford has been rescinded.

I still can't go home though. :rant:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that is better news, hopefully you guys are all ok. if you need a place you could come here, got room in house and lots of room for trailers, likely you want to stay put though to see this through, i would. pulling for a good outcome, not a prayin man , but i will be thinking about you, guys be safe,

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just browsing the bcwildfire website and I found this map. A screen shot shows all the fires throughout the summer in the South East Fire Centre. Wow.............hope you can see all the gray dots. Here is a link for a clearer picture and one where you can see all the fires in BC this summer.

http://governmentofbc.maps.arcgis.c...ndex.html?id=4803204af10a4b34b46b68637a6e9892

IMG_1335.jpg

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom