Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Any update on eagles as far as unloading and how the trail is holding up?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly true. We hauled a four place enclosed up to km 17. Unloaded the sleds. Backed down a km or so and backed up again to the snow line and parked off to the side, so the other trucks could easily get by. A couple of dirt patches just like the post above stated. We rode to monster bowl, Copeland mine and back into turtle. Only came across three other sledders. Which I would say were the two trucks with decks ahead of us.
They are doing road work at the main entrance turning off the highway going into the main entrance, so you have to use the east access road to gain access in. It is paved. The snow is still holding up well and still snowing up top.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5415.jpg IMG_5416.jpg IMG_5419.jpg IMG_5420.jpg

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious - have heard eagles lower trail has been washed out - can anyone verify that?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can access Eagles from the boulder side. Bit of a ride, but can be done.
As far of fuel range if you wanted to see some country how much fuel would you need to go from cabin to cabin assuming you stage at the bottom of both area's and return back to your vehicle? I believe the eagle's round trip would be longer.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far of fuel range if you wanted to see some country how much fuel would you need to go from cabin to cabin assuming you stage at the bottom of both area's and return back to your vehicle? I believe the eagle's round trip would be longer.

Have accessed eagles through Turtle previously - u dont really go to the boulder area though

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have accessed eagles through Turtle previously - u dont really go to the boulder area though
Yes I know that but turtle and boulder are fairly close to each other I believe so it may be posibble to get there.

Top Bottom