Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Access from boulder parking lot to the kirkup trail, then access to turtle front way or back way. Work your way over to eagles pass. Do not attempt with out a guide or someone who has made this trek before!!!
Be careful out there gents. Lots of stuff starting to slide two weeks ago.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up owls today - unloaded between 10 and 11 k - headed up toward owls cabin then headed toward ecco - made our way down to ecco lake and played abit - we then headed back out and we were gonna cut across toward bob bart but due to the north face sliding decided not to drop in - we headed around and out then headed toward blue lake - we went up short cut and into meadows - dropped down into lower meadows - snow was very soft - had bit of frrsh over night - did a prob with 9ft prob and the as far as i could reach with my arm - didnt hit bottom - we then headed south lower meadows and made our way into some back bowls - eventually came back out on ridge and headed to blue cabin - had lunch - we then headed back onto trail and headed to owls - made our way over to bob bart and over saddle into ecco bowl - had look at slide - then made our way into video and then superbowl , over ridge toward stach and then toward mount mara - headed up top for a look c and then the weather came in and started snowing hard - headed through morton and back to cabin ! Theres still alot of snow but the water starting to flow pretty good in some of the creeks ! Was a great day - put on just under 100k today !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone to ride with thursday or saturday. On sled though...
Ya that's what I meant as well. The road was not two rough on the s x S but I think from 7k to 11 it will be teeth ratallin with the truck. My neighbor wants to go up on the summer toys tommorow tempted to try the blue access just to see if it would be less rough of a ride for the trucks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bluelake road is great till like 20 km where we parked at the first ride of the year

Owlshead road is so fawking bad, unfortunately I'm not into logging but they need a logging company to do some up there and fix that road up

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I meant as well. The road was not two rough on the s x S but I think from 7k to 11 it will be teeth ratallin with the truck. My neighbor wants to go up on the summer toys tommorow tempted to try the blue access just to see if it would be less rough of a ride for the trucks

So what day do you want to go sledding?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one want to join snowcannon any myself on Sat day??

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day. Staged at 11.5 k on owlhead road hit the owlhead cabin thru video bowl down to Morton lake to Gordon Sydney Cabin then to the Hunter s main chalet and. back the same way.

Sent from my 9015B using Tapatalk

Treerider

Reaction score
The connector trail between Owlhead and Blue Lake is still useable? Road going up the 11.5 K wasn't to bad? We're heading in there today.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day. Staged at 11.5 k on owlhead road hit the owlhead cabin thru video bowl down to Morton lake to Gordon Sydney Cabin then to the Hunter s main chalet and. back the same way.

Sent from my 9015B using Tapatalk

Great day indeed. With just enough excitement :)
Still lots of snow left in the higher region, but along the trail to owl chalet, the creeks in the meadows are opening up quickly. Also the creek crossing the trail in the trees is aggressively chewing/washing away at the packed snow above it.

Treerider

Reaction score
Rode Blue Lake yesterday. Only sledders on the mountain until late afternoon when a couple showed up for a late day ride. Staged at 16 K on Cummins Road and rode less that 200 yards of dirt. Good snow yet for3 weeks into May and outstanding weather yesterday!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went camping out on the wap Lake road, road the dirt bike up to 7 km on joss and 7 trucks with decks and snow line

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Blue Lake yesterday. Only sledders on the mountain until late afternoon when a couple showed up for a late day ride. Staged at 16 K on Cummins Road and rode less that 200 yards of dirt. Good snow yet for3 weeks into May and outstanding weather yesterday!
any thing sliding. On my sat day trip some fairly big stuff came down twice that day as I came back the same general route.

Top Bottom