Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are guys having to drive up the trail at Eagle's? We have a 4 place enclosed.

We took our 4 place trailer up to the 4km lot. It was quite busy yesterday some guys ended up boxed in parking space is limited and a deck would be a better option. The road is quite muddy and getting bumpy.
IMG_1384.jpg

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had a great day at Blue Lake however when we were coming down, we ended up having to follow a Jackass in a older Blue GMC with a deck back (no box) with BC Plates BW**14.

This inconsiderate individual went around the groomer that was clearly positioned and flagged to indicate no trucks past 4km.

Additionally, I know the Trail pass collector was explicit on not going past 4 km and asks for co-operation in not driving further, he drove all the way to 7km totally rutting and screwing up the trail, then on his return gets stuck beside the groomer almost hitting it.

I really can't fathom why anyone would ruin the trail so that everyone has to drive even further to get to snow, unless they are "Special members" with different rules for their convenience.

As Forest Gump said "Stupid is as Stupid does".
:nono:

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had a great day at Blue Lake however when we were coming down, we ended up having to follow a Jackass in a older Blue GMC with a deck back (no box) with BC Plates BW**14.

This inconsiderate individual went around the groomer that was clearly positioned and flagged to indicate no trucks past 4km.

Additionally, I know the Trail pass collector was explicit on not going past 4 km and asks for co-operation in not driving further, he drove all the way to 7km totally rutting and screwing up the trail, then on his return gets stuck beside the groomer almost hitting it.

I really can't fathom why anyone would ruin the trail so that everyone has to drive even further to get to snow, unless they are "Special members" with different rules for their convenience.

It makes you wonder what kind of gene pool some sledders are spawned from,obviously had a full lobotomy at birth or smoking to much local herb, what a idiot! It's bad enough this year with the lack of snow on the groomed trail and that we have to already drive to the 2km lot, then you get tickturds like the guy Billdozer mentions wrecking the trail even further, dipstick! I've seen locals do this before, wrecking the trail as far as they can so that others finally give up driving up so far to sled, really screws the guys up with the bigger trailers. Find another sport zipperhead and quit thinking about yourself, there are some of us who know exactly who you are. Good post, everyone should know about this kinda stuff.......

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can there or is it possible to give boneheads like this some sort of consequences or deny them access next time then want up the trail !

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There was two of them up there. The other was a red gmc also with no box and a deck. BC plates as well. Both parked at 7k when we came down and I thought how the heck did they get past that groomer parked half on the trail. Another group was stopped pissing on their door handles when we went by.:eek:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Queest had nice snow today! About 2-3' of nice pow, but a good ice layer below that. Rode down early as buddy had to get back home. We parked around 3.5-4km, gettin a bit thin for about a km then pretty good to the cabin.

There was a quad on the trail here too, got up to around 6km, I drove over the ruts best I could. It was a couple on a red quad, BC plates.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a handful of born and raised enderby/sicamous peeps that think they are above the rest of us and can park wherever and never want to pay fees either. Surprised no one ever pulled there valve stems

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was two of them up there. The other was a red gmc also with no box and a deck. BC plates as well. Both parked at 7k when we came down and I thought how the heck did they get past that groomer parked half on the trail. Another group was stopped pissing on their door handles when we went by.:eek:
It seems the snow bikes guys that drive up, cause they don't want to ride on ice

Then don't Friggin snow bike then, or deal with it

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems the snow bikes guys that drive up, cause they don't want to ride on ice

Then don't Friggin snow bike then, or deal with it
Tex yup put up or shut up , however the truck I saw had 2 RMK's on the deck

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday we went to queest, joel and Jamie left early

Come across this dude on a snow bike, just turboed it and was tuning it and never been to queest and his buddy's all dropped out , told him we were going down but not on the trail ( extra curricular tree riding down) , he says ya I should go down to ( wearing a Harley jacket , work boots, carharts, and a frozen camel pack, no shovel ect, lol) well we go down into this drainage ravine and one gets stuck.... He ends up following us and is still screwing with the bike while we get out, just as we keep going down he goes back up.... So we play most of the way down, took time and pissed around, see his truck still there... Huh. So we go home, get cleaned up and go out for supper.... Decided to go up on the way home and check the lot to see if truck was still there

See light and truck running, hop out and knock on the window and wake him up.... Said he was stuck for 4 plus hours, never been so wet and cold...

Didn't have a ramp to load the bike either... So we helped him load it up

All I have to say is dude, ur one lucky boy that we noticed u gone, not show up, and come look for u

Don't care about what u were doing, never ride alone

No matter what ur buddy's drop out or not

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that these guy's are not on any forum and don't play with any type of ethical rule. There are alot like that, especially local rider that figure they have more rights then others cause they live there.
I've seen this every where and this is especially true with snowmobiler's. A lot of these guy's know back door's to riding area's to avoid trail fee's but are the first to burn all the wood in the cabin's.
They are also the type that don't support their local club refuse to register their junk and in a lot of cases drink and ride and not equip to be out there.
Times are changing and with stronger regs these people will have less choices in prime riding areas and will eventually change their way or give up the sport.
I have already seen the transformation from 30yrs ago where it was a shiitshow out there.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, Ya

He was from Kelowna, so the last time we seen him was about 4, we went up to check at 9:30

Said he knew chad at c.r, used his name a few times

I just don't understand, but don't think I could have slept, if we didn't go back up to check

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday we went to queest, joel and Jamie left early

Come across this dude on a snow bike, just turboed it and was tuning it and never been to queest and his buddy's all dropped out , told him we were going down but not on the trail ( extra curricular tree riding down) , he says ya I should go down to ( wearing a Harley jacket , work boots, carharts, and a frozen camel pack lol) well we go down into this drainage ravine and one gets stuck.... He ends up following us and is still screwing with the bike while we get out, just as we keep going down he goes back up.... So we play most of the way down, took time and pissed around, see his truck still there... Huh. So we go home, get cleaned up and go out for supper.... Decided to go up on the way home and check the lot to see if truck was still there

See light and truck running, hop out and knock on the window and wake him up.... Said he was stuck for 4 plus hours, never been so wet and cold...

Didn't have a ramp to load the bike either... So we helped him load it up

All I have to say is dude, ur one lucky boy that we noticed u gone, not show up, and come look for u

Don't care about what u were doing, never ride alone

No matter what ur buddy's drop out or not

Good on ya for checking on him...

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to you Tex for having the decency to look out for a stranger. We all have a common passion even though we all approach it differently but we need to look out for each other. The backcountry is not forgiving and we can all end up in a bad position from time to time. I don't think I could sleep well at night knowing I might have left someone on the mountain that might have needed my help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did something similar with an "older" gentleman on Sat at Hunters. He must have been in his late 70's and got separated from his group and followed us thinking we were his group. After talking with him we quickly realized this is not the time we point him towards the direction of the front chalet so we decided to take him there even though it was way off our travel plans. He was very happy and found his riding partners sitting there waiting for him. Funny thing is that we ran into him hrs later at Gordon S. cabin and we said hi and he didn't remember who we were. LOL

Brappp306

Reaction score
If someone could get back to me asap that would be very much appreciated! I'm from Sask and was heading up to Sicamous in the morning, but with all the warm weather there I can't see the snow being any good yet. Worth the drive?

Top Bottom