Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at mustang powder and silver star

I haven't payed attention the last week

craig3972

Reaction score
I looked at Mustang and it has been saying 1700m all week. I was up last week at Blue when mustang had reported 1600m and the snow was really good. I think Snow-Forecast.com predictions are just computer models that can incorrect sometimes. What I was hoping for was some first hand knowledge of how high the freezing level went during thais last warm spell.
Revelstoke Freezing level 1400m

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How high did the freezing level get to? did the snow get warm up top?
I think I will try to get elevation of my wendsday trip off my rhino as I am curious when the snow changed as well some of the reason must be contributed to the sunlight the km 22 to 27 areas were getting as well. No weather expert here would like to learn more. Takethebounce feel free to chime in what weather site u consult in the owls to blue area.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got reports from today? Stuck in the pass for avys and its raining good, what's the freezing level?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mustang Powder is another good one to look at on Snowforcast for Sicamous conditions

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving up Saturday morning for 4-5 days of riding. Hope we get some good pow out there, but not looking real promising. Weather can always change though.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up at Blue lake today, snowing pretty heavy at times! Some places the snow falling was wet and heavy and others was almost like hail. Hopefully it cools off a bit up top and it becomes fluffy dry snow. ��. It was a good day Sherm and Bill! Thanks for getting me lost and confused, just when I thought I was learning the area. I better get my excuses ready for the tree pic that is probably coming up.lol. The pic probably doesn't show the creek I was avoiding. All in all a great day and I love watching billdozer and his sled not cooperate, they both seem to want to go opposite directions! Haha

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on BN, you know I'm not so shallow that I'd just post pictures displaying your love of tree's!! OK, maybe sometimes! Hey, I gave you a chance to get unburied but you "couldn't" so I was forced to click the shot, what can I say! Yes, Billdozer was having a few issues again with his gyro thingy, that and his patented Barrel Roll maneuver again. But then I do recall you doing a Flying Nun rendition a couple times today when you for some reason just "flew" off your sled!! I wasn't going to ask at the time because it may be something personnel. Anyways, it was a great day considering the soft cement like snow, made for work at times! You weren't the only one turned around today in the blizzard, I still don't know how Billdozer wound up in a different Province than us, some kinda cozallous loop or something!

We didn't go all the way up to Blue, the fog was already at the Stop Sign when we got up the trail and the wind blowing about 80kmh, so we stuck to lower terrain and found some brand new spots that'll be down right awesome once we get some new snow! That's what happens when you get lost, you find stuff! The trail was pristine on the way up again, just groomed, but on the way down it was toast already, to warm and it can't setup so its all whooped already. Tough job for the groomer guys to get that mush mixed up in the drag to make it smooth but they're doing a helluva job with what they have to work with. I'm not sure how much snow will dump tonight, it was still pretty warm up top, even with the wind, need allot more snow and colder temps. Drove to 2km to dump the sleds.

Attachments

• 160128a.jpg
    160128a.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 311

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget my lunch I found in my backpack from last yr, it was chicken I think but couldn't tell with the green slim around it. Lol. Those warms temps are starting to play havoc with the trail from km 9 down, won't last long if those temps stay.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget my lunch I found in my backpack from last yr, it was chicken I think but couldn't tell with the green slim around it. Lol. Those warms temps are starting to play havoc with the trail from km 9 down, won't last long if those temps stay.
Ya well, used to it from last year

Drove up to 7 km with truck more the sled lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom