Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

jonw

Reaction score
Are we parking at the bottom for Eagles pass? Or still up where we were in December? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmyzrider

Reaction score
WOW! I hope it is still like that next week, when a group of us from Montana is up there. We are hoping for fresh snow of course, looking forward to seeing this riding area.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! I hope it is still like that next week, when a group of us from Montana is up there. We are hoping for fresh snow of course, looking forward to seeing this riding area.

Is there no snow in Montana?

jjmyzrider

Reaction score
We have plenty of good snow right now.....just wanna track up yours! In all seriousness, planned a trip to Canada last year and it fell through. We just pushed our reservation back a year, to this year. Just trying to experience different terrain and area, and making it a guys trip to do our manly hobbies.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus with your $ worth about a $1.40 here makes it a no brainer!

We have plenty of good snow right now.....just wanna track up yours! In all seriousness, planned a trip to Canada last year and it fell through. We just pushed our reservation back a year, to this year. Just trying to experience different terrain and area, and making it a guys trip to do our manly hobbies.

jjmyzrider

Reaction score
Yep I gave the bank $350 and they gave me about 500 worth of see through money. Your fuel is more expensive though. We are at $1.99/gal for 91 octane. So I think it will be equal in the end.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I gave the bank $350 and they gave me about 500 worth of see through money. Your fuel is more expensive though. We are at $1.99/gal for 91 octane. So I think it will be equal in the end.

Yeah take advantage of our crap dollar.

I am heading your way and hoping the cheaper fuel, food and accommodations make up the difference! Haha.

jonw

Reaction score
Are we parking at the bottom for Eagles pass? Or still up where we were in December? Thanks

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If it's your first time to the area, hire a guide. Some of the best money I've ever spent and you'll see a lot more terrain then you would on your own.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are still logging from 4ish...road is plowed and the groomer is parked at 4KM pickups and decks with chains to 4KM They sanded and salted the first hill and the big lot at 1.5KM is plowed out. We parked from the bottom and most did as well but a few brave ones poked the hill and made it but big consequences to pay if you don't make the hill. Snow from 1KM half way up the first hill

jonw

Reaction score
Perfect thank you!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High is so far good

Trail from bottom, well I drove to 2 km at owlshead to bypass the mud on Sunday

jjmyzrider

Reaction score
If it's your first time to the area, hire a guide. Some of the best money I've ever spent and you'll see a lot more terrain then you would on your own.

Thanks for the recommendation. We are riding with a friend from Calgary, and his riding partners, and I think they know the area. If it is unfamiliar to them, we will probably be scrambling for a guide last minute.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up the owlhead trail to the cabin. Some had broke trail thru the amazing 5cm of fresh over skinny(being sarcastic here) the bowls were foggy so we dropped into Morton into the sun then climbed out and the visabity got bad so we stopped at jackies plateau and turned back down jackies decent away from the fog. We found the best snow of our day north of the cabin and slightly to the east. There may have been a foot or two of fresh dry snow. We went and played in the cutblocks from km 22 to 27 and found new places to make tracks but the snow was soggy and wet. It drizzled on us the way down and the trail is taking a beating.

Shane_Sharp

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Went up the owlhead trail to the cabin. Some had broke trail thru the amazing 5cm of fresh over skinny(being sarcastic here) the bowls were foggy so we dropped into Morton into the sun then climbed out and the visabity got bad so we stopped at jackies plateau and turned back down jackies decent away from the fog. We found the best snow of our day north of the cabin and slightly to the east. There may have been a foot or two of fresh dry snow. We went and played in the cutblocks from km 22 to 27 and found new places to make tracks but the snow was soggy and wet. It drizzled on us the way down and the trail is taking a beating.

You guys ride from bottom or drive up abit?? We were thinking of riding owls tomorrow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday I drove up to two km to bypass the mud and lack of snow

Little bit slick going up and down, but did it most of last year so my truck has it on cruise control lol

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday I drove up to two km to bypass the mud and lack of snow

Little bit slick going up and down, but did it most of last year so my truck has it on cruise control lol
Where you able to figure out our route jeff?

Top Bottom