Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode owls Friday, snow is settling and on the heavy side but still good.

Went to hunters Saturday and snow was much deeper and softer. Was snowing good all day up there, tons of it all over the place.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode blue Friday average of 2' fresh deeper in trees eagles Saturday south slopes wind affected north slopes deep and fluffy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If diesel in his gas then what is in his diesel? Was just going to go over and fill my truck and wouldnt want gas in it. Are those sled engines hurt by that diesel. Sure not good for his buisness.
Have also experienced a lot of a holes on the first 4k of owlhead trail. Wifes sled spun out on trail and two passed her while she was standing beside sled, each narrowly missing her while they were on and off throttle spinning all the snow and rocks off the ice. Wish they would all go back to riding revelstoke, stay in Edmonton or learn how to ride. Plenty of room to idle by on the side of trail and preserve the track.

We saw those guys, they were from Calgary.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I beat BillDozer to the story! So, Billdozer, SledDawg and myself head up to Blue and have plans of doing the Brown Pants area, but are met by zero vis and sometimes ever worse. We did attempt at going up and over the height of land but BillDozer piled into a cornice right where the trail should be. So, and the only reason there is a pic of my sled, the Doo took one for the team and busted through the 8' drift of snow at the top!!!! What I was actually trying to do is beat Big Nasty's record of digging down as deep as you can in the snow, and I just may have made it! Anyways, that area was a bust this AM so we headed back to the Meadows.

We found some great areas, untracked and up to the privates in snow, considering we had no idea where the hell we were, we had a great time! I'm not sure why SledDawg kept asking , "are you sure we can get down this hill, have you been here before?", of course I haven't, anyone can take the trail!! Tons of stucks (well, BillDozer falling off his sled!!) and quite a few kms today, great time guys! Can't make it tomorrow Rightsideup, got a sore body from carting these two around all day!!!! And no BillDozer, it wasn't from making snow angels or doing 180 degree whip back thingys on my sled, just practicing up!!!!

Attachments

• 160118a.jpg
    160118a.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 389
  • 160118b.jpg
    160118b.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 160118c.jpg
    160118c.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 160118d.jpg
    160118d.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 377
  • 160118e.jpg
    160118e.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 384

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad u guys went

We also hit brown pants and the North side yesterday, with fig and blowing snow

So we went back towards owlshead and road off the trail in the trees

Best snow of the day was there

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I'm jealous! That's the trick Sherm, pin it till you get the trench to the ground it's better traction there! And that orange doo sure looks stuck in that one pic! Lol

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I beat BillDozer to the story! So, Billdozer, SledDawg and myself head up to Blue and have plans of doing the Brown Pants area, but are met by zero vis and sometimes ever worse. We did attempt at going up and over the height of land but BillDozer piled into a cornice right where the trail should be. So, and the only reason there is a pic of my sled, the Doo took one for the team and busted through the 8' drift of snow at the top!!!! What I was actually trying to do is beat Big Nasty's record of digging down as deep as you can in the snow, and I just may have made it! Anyways, that area was a bust this AM so we headed back to the Meadows.

We found some great areas, untracked and up to the privates in snow, considering we had no idea where the hell we were, we had a great time! I'm not sure why SledDawg kept asking , "are you sure we can get down this hill, have you been here before?", of course I haven't, anyone can take the trail!! Tons of stucks (well, BillDozer falling off his sled!!) and quite a few kms today, great time guys! Can't make it tomorrow Rightsideup, got a sore body from carting these two around all day!!!! And no BillDozer, it wasn't from making snow angels or doing 180 degree whip back thingys on my sled, just practicing up!!!!

Here are a couple of photo's from yesterday another angle of Sherms Doo Digger Stuck and another showing him attempting to replicate the Dozer "Barrel Roll" :cool:

Great day with some deep snow in the the area now know as "Not Sure Where we are"

Lines of the Day from Sherm when asked how does it look down there: "Not sure but I think we can make it" " I prefer deep snow as it's like landing on a mattress when I fall off":)

From Sledawg: "If you leave me here I'd be F***d :beer:

Things I learned, Following Sherm heating a cinnamon bun on his Muff pot smells a hell of alot better than my machine running Fuel tainted by Diesel.

No go for me today as well Rightside, to sore from all the laughs yesterday, have a good ride. barrel.jpg Digging.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks BillDozer, appreciate the kind thoughts! Just remember that all those "moves" I made were intentional, in training for something bigger and better?? I think we'd best take along a little extra Kleenex for SledDawg, was he really crying at the top of that hill we went down, there was only one collision, hardly something to bawl about! Yes, it was a good day, would be nice if we'd known where we were, lets backtrack it next time we're up?????? Or not!

SaskieWK

Reaction score
Wow Sherm i really thought i'd see more of BillDozer rolling around in the snow then you!!!! Like you said "in training for something bigger" SledDawg, don't get discourage by their rat packing, we both know who they need along just in case…..

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Sherm i really thought i'd see more of BillDozer rolling around in the snow then you!!!! Like you said "in training for something bigger" SledDawg, don't get discourage by their rat packing, we both know who they need along just in case…..
When you coming Lawn Dart rode again today it was the ****s :rolleyes:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Wow Sherm i really thought i'd see more of BillDozer rolling around in the snow then you!!!! Like you said "in training for something bigger" SledDawg, don't get discourage by their rat packing, we both know who they need along just in case….. "

Not rolling around, just, around! Someone has to bust holes in the snow for these guys, and it always seems to fall to me, boo hoo! Hey, good day today, we all had signs on our backs, "Brown Pants or Bust", wound up being a bust again, hooped by fog! We made it up over the top but zero vis, again! So we headed back down to clearer pastures and actually found some pretty decent untracked areas! As you can see by the pics, BillDozer was having some issues, but then so was SledDawg. That SledDawg, when he rolls his machine he's do damned fast in getting it back on its feet in fear of pictures that I only managed the "upright" position on the one shot, but he made up for it in the creek, he wasn't leaving there to fast! Now they did get a pic of Mr. Orange in a unsettled position further down the trail but it was merely a repositioning that was required to get moving, nothing big. But, you'd think that Pamela Anderson showed up at your barbecue, topless, by the way the camera's came out and the pics being snapped, I felt like a celebrity for a change, but without the large fun bags!!

Anyways, another great day up top guys! I did try going up the road to 2km this AM, I had more than one sphincter moment as the long box crew cab went sideways to the road and the trailer following, it was slick! We need a ton more snow up top, getting all tracked out again, and the bottom 2km is turning to mud, not good!

Attachments

• 160120d.jpg
    160120d.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 160120c.jpg
    160120c.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 160120b.jpg
    160120b.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 160120a.jpg
    160120a.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 365

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherman- "Hmm, I am sure there is a realistic and believable explanation I can come up with rather than admitting I got stuck."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost shovel handle.........my riding partners stuck it in a snowbank at 3km not knowing it was mine. Please pm me if you have found it or returned it to the owlhead parking lot attendant......thanks in advance

Last edited:
Top Bottom