Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

mlins18

Reaction score
Anyone been up eagles lately? What are conditions like. Tracked out? Any fresh?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

mlins18

Reaction score
You hd said previously in the thread, your finding better snow to the south. But since the last snow over the last 2 days, no reports from the east? Seen a picture from in the town of revy at peaks parking lot, looked like a foot there...

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to BillDozer's post, our "tracking ended at about 4 km!! Both his and SledDawg's Poo's were acting up something fierce, humongous amounts of smoke, high idle, and finally BillDozer's crapped out! After a couple of nice sledders stopped to talk to us we found out the problem, apparently where they had filled up this AM (at Mike's) has diesel fuel in his marked Premium fuel tank!! We found out there were about 17 other "dead sleds" back in the parking lot and judging by how many were stopped along the trail on our way down, there will be a few more!

On a side note and to 90% of the sledders that passed us today while we were stopped on the side of the trail, your all a bunch of %&*$holes!!!! I couldn't believe it, we have two sleds parked on one side, and one on the opposite side, lots of room between us. There had to be 25 sleds, at least, come through and not one of them slowed down to less than 60 kmh, some went through at at least 80 kmh, and then there were those that pinned it just as they got past us!!! Also, when we were just headed out from the parking lot, there were at least 10 sleds that were pinning on and off right from the parking lot and up the trail as far as you could hear them, unbelievable, whats with these idiots!! Nuff said....

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to BillDozer's post, our "tracking ended at about 4 km!! Both his and SledDawg's Poo's were acting up something fierce, humongous amounts of smoke, high idle, and finally BillDozer's crapped out! After a couple of nice sledders stopped to talk to us we found out the problem, apparently where they had filled up this AM (at Mike's) has diesel fuel in his marked Premium fuel tank!! We found out there were about 17 other "dead sleds" back in the parking lot and judging by how many were stopped along the trail on our way down, there will be a few more!

On a side note and to 90% of the sledders that passed us today while we were stopped on the side of the trail, your all a bunch of %&*$holes!!!! I couldn't believe it, we have two sleds parked on one side, and one on the opposite side, lots of room between us. There had to be 25 sleds, at least, come through and not one of them slowed down to less than 60 kmh, some went through at at least 80 kmh, and then there were those that pinned it just as they got past us!!! Also, when we were just headed out from the parking lot, there were at least 10 sleds that were pinning on and off right from the parking lot and up the trail as far as you could hear them, unbelievable, whats with these idiots!! Nuff said....

People are just sooo damn excited to be going riding ...they're all trying to show off how cool they are and how fast they can go into corners on the wrong side of the trail then spin a big shiny stripe as they exit every corner!!! (Heavy sarcasm intended) ...Right after a fresh groom too!!! Wtf?!?!?! I believe the terms I'd like to use are throttle control and momentum... Not even once. Rant over! Wish I was out there rippin it up...off the trail! Hats off to the Sled Sicamous crew!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the dark side of many sledders. Can't give two ****z about a guy sitting on the side of the trail. I always slow down and give a thumbs up. You never know if they need a hand or not.

Even yesterday rode up behind a fella stopped and he didn't look in trouble at all but he was opening his hood. Asked if he needed a hand and he said his sled just died. Pretty odd. He gave it a few pulls and nothing. I looked at the key and the ignition had turned off. Flicked it to on and a few pulls and away he went. Two minutes of my time and maybe saved the guy from thinking the worst had happened. Wish more guys would just make sure their fellow sledders are okay as they pass by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow! Have experienced the same this year ! This year since the snow has been not as great from parking lot - some sledders figure the faster they spin the track on ice the faster they will go - like a little common sense - or has that gone by the wayside - kinda hard to tell but is it the younger generation or is there alot of inexperienced riders that --- umm just dont know any better ! Sledders in my mind have always been considerate - but lately -- ????

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good thing I fill up at shell, that would not be good on a etech with diesel in it

Bet that's not good for seals on the crank ect

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a Doo would probably shut down and not even run, similar to a diesel truck with gasoline going through it! I have to give the Poo's credit for running as much as they did, albeit a bit stinky! We noticed with Billdozer's yesterday that even the exhaust smell was weird, then when he had a full tank of the crap today it really sent the computer for a loop! I'm not sure how much the diesel would "wash" out the bearings. Back in the "old days" when my father worked on seismic crews in Alberta they used to use kerosene in the motors of their trucks to keep them running, no such thing as synthetic back then!

mlins18

Reaction score
Yea diesel has lubricity to it, reason why injection pumps & injectors dont sieze. Just not designed to burn of ignition combustion but rather heat of compression

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If diesel in his gas then what is in his diesel? Was just going to go over and fill my truck and wouldnt want gas in it. Are those sled engines hurt by that diesel. Sure not good for his buisness.
Have also experienced a lot of a holes on the first 4k of owlhead trail. Wifes sled spun out on trail and two passed her while she was standing beside sled, each narrowly missing her while they were on and off throttle spinning all the snow and rocks off the ice. Wish they would all go back to riding revelstoke, stay in Edmonton or learn how to ride. Plenty of room to idle by on the side of trail and preserve the track.

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
E-techs inject fuel on the top of the piston. Polaris is done in the transfer ports. No chance of diesel getting into the crankcases at all unless it's a turbo with auxiliary injectors. As long as fresh fuel is run through to flush everything out everything should be ok.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-techs inject fuel on the top of the piston. Polaris is done in the transfer ports. No chance of diesel getting into the crankcases at all unless it's a turbo with auxiliary injectors. As long as fresh fuel is run through to flush everything out everything should be ok.
Since diesel is a lubricant, even if it did mixed with the oil injection it wouldn't hurt anything would it?

mlins18

Reaction score
Yea it wouldnt hurt it, its just not gonna be burn worth a darn. Gas inside a diesel though is not good at all. Might as well pull out your injectors and pump off and send em off for a rebuild. But anyhow, whats the word on the snow conditions?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it wouldnt hurt it, its just not gonna be burn worth a darn. Gas inside a diesel though is not good at all. Might as well pull out your injectors and pump off and send em off for a rebuild. But anyhow, whats the word on the snow conditions?

Snowing...havent been up this week but been skiing all week. Plenty of new snow so sledding should be good.
Just went thru the gas in a diesel scenario in my mercedes diesel. Gas attendant did it. Didnt hurt it cause it wouldnt run but it cost them about 1500 to tow to dealer and have it cleaned out.

mlins18

Reaction score
Hope it keeps snowing. Headed out on Thursday for 4 days of riding.

Top Bottom