Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eveyrone was from bottom when we went Monday. Solid sheet of ice all the way to 2 and not many spots to grab traction. If they let you drive up need chains for sure.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We drove again today from the bottom scott and I meet up with sherm and billy on the connector about km 28 or so then played on the way back in the cutblocks and meadows to owlhead turnoff as sherm and Bill had Christmas plans scott and I went to owls skinny helped a kitty with a blown belt and rode the sunnybowls then headed down

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a grand morning this AM, up at 0500, fresh snow on the ground and still "sprinkling" a little bit out. I look outside and what do I see, no, not Santa Claus and his reindeer, but two dirtbags parked in front of my house sparking up a crack pipe in their car!!! Dome light is on, male and female, taking turns huffing their crap. So I flicks the porch light on and off and they take off, nice, on their way to kill someone on the hwy now. I'm thinking Trudeau may as well just legalize all the ****, not just pot, so you can have more of these scumbags toking up all over the place! OK, I'm done, on to sledding.

Banner day with Billdozer!! We both had dinner dates so it was planned to be an early day, unfortunately. We headed straight to Blue, trail was beat to heck but no doubt she'll be tiptop shape for the Xmas holidays. The "bunny hill" at the cabin and through the meadows was pretty beat down, even with the new 5-6" of snow. So, we figured we'd just drop below the cabin again and go from there. Paydirt! Hard to believe it was so tracked out by the cabin but below there was nary a track, and we had snow over the bumper on the way up and over the hood on the way down, pristine! Now Billdozer, yes, a couple issues, the first was getting stuck right at the beacon checking station at the bottom of the hill, we can let that one go. Then I saw him do a whoop de doo twister off his sled when going up a hill, I have the photo but we'll forgive that one too. So, I was making a nice track for him to follow in the fresh snow, that's just what Doo guys do for Poo guys, and for some reason he goes off road left and into a fricking abyss! He said the swerved to miss a reindeer or something. So, we get him outta the mess, I make another nice track for him, and lord tundering jesus if the next thing he's doing is harvesting a Xmas tree with his sled! Maybe its a Poo thing but I have to say that after all that, us "old" guys were getting a little tired!

Lots of snow, and untracked stuff all over, great time, vis was good and the sun even came out. We headed to the clearcuts further back on the trail to end the day, saw Mark and Scott on the way down. I just wish we could have stayed up at Blue longer, there's some fine spots we left unmessed!! We launched from the bottom, just enough snow to make it a "pass" but if we don't get more it'll be a "fail". There's already allot of dirt showing from the bottom up to 2km, icy spots all the way along, but once you hit 2km your good to go. Sherm

Attachments

• 151224a.jpg
    151224a.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 151224b.jpg
    151224b.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 151224c.jpg
    151224c.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 151224d.jpg
    151224d.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 223

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a grand morning this AM, up at 0500, fresh snow on the ground and still "sprinkling" a little bit out. I look outside and what do I see, no, not Santa Claus and his reindeer, but two dirtbags parked in front of my house sparking up a crack pipe in their car!!! Dome light is on, male and female, taking turns huffing their crap. So I flicks the porch light on and off and they take off, nice, on their way to kill someone on the hwy now. I'm thinking Trudeau may as well just legalize all the ****, not just pot, so you can have more of these scumbags toking up all over the place! OK, I'm done, on to sledding.

Banner day with Billdozer!! We both had dinner dates so it was planned to be an early day, unfortunately. We headed straight to Blue, trail was beat to heck but no doubt she'll be tiptop shape for the Xmas holidays. The "bunny hill" at the cabin and through the meadows was pretty beat down, even with the new 5-6" of snow. So, we figured we'd just drop below the cabin again and go from there. Paydirt! Hard to believe it was so tracked out by the cabin but below there was nary a track, and we had snow over the bumper on the way up and over the hood on the way down, pristine! Now Billdozer, yes, a couple issues, the first was getting stuck right at the beacon checking station at the bottom of the hill, we can let that one go. Then I saw him do a whoop de doo twister off his sled when going up a hill, I have the photo but we'll forgive that one too. So, I was making a nice track for him to follow in the fresh snow, that's just what Doo guys do for Poo guys, and for some reason he goes off road left and into a fricking abyss! He said the swerved to miss a reindeer or something. So, we get him outta the mess, I make another nice track for him, and lord tundering jesus if the next thing he's doing is harvesting a Xmas tree with his sled! Maybe its a Poo thing but I have to say that after all that, us "old" guys were getting a little tired!

Lots of snow, and untracked stuff all over, great time, vis was good and the sun even came out. We headed to the clearcuts further back on the trail to end the day, saw Mark and Scott on the way down. I just wish we could have stayed up at Blue longer, there's some fine spots we left unmessed!! We launched from the bottom, just enough snow to make it a "pass" but if we don't get more it'll be a "fail". There's already allot of dirt showing from the bottom up to 2km, icy spots all the way along, but once you hit 2km your good to go. Sherm
I am noticing no pics of scott or myself stuck because there are none you get poor bill tuckered on the mogul trail on the way up. So he is allowed some deep pow stuck ups. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody!

Anyone got a set of 1-1/8" bars I could buy tomorrow afternoon? Had a little oopsy...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody!

Anyone got a set of 1-1/8" bars I could buy tomorrow afternoon? Had a little oopsy...
What's this news??

Might have to wait for dale to open up on the 28-29 th

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or go kick the door in at Jeff's and "borrow" a set......

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or go kick the door in at Jeff's and "borrow" a set......

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Xp ones won't work, not 1 1/8

Don't have to kick the door in, sleds on the deck lol

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have room in there group for a tag along? Have lots of mountain ridding experience, all the proper gear and even know how to use it lol. Don't know the area that well so would really like to meet up with guys that do.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be back to da moose to ride the 28, not sure what the plan is

But if our group isn't too big, ur more than welcome to join

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be back to da moose to ride the 28, not sure what the plan is

But if our group isn't too big, ur more than welcome to join

Thank you. Most of my ridding buddies have family obligations till the 29th so I am solo and up for ridding anywhere really.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fellow I have had plans to ride with talking to the great big telephone yuck!!

Top Bottom