Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammm u lol, oh well there will be fresh up there

And lots of places u would not have tracked up we ride so...

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was decent day today ! Had full crew today ! Tex , eagle pass Doo, right side up , Scott , Rob and myself ! Headed toward Blue and then got of trail around the 18km marker and played in the Meadows abit ! Creeks were still pretty deep and not cross able - might been able to but didn't wanna go swimming ! Headed back on trail and got to short cut up to blue cabin and played in the open area's - decent snow , was about 10 inches of fresh and really good base ! Made few shoot runs here and there with few stucks here and there ! Unfortunately don't have any pics of the stucks -- so guess they didn't happen ! Lol . Made it back to cabin eventually and then headed back down ! Trail was really great , except for the last few km , do to lack of snow ! Was snowing all day up top !

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Hunters today, snowing hard all day enough that we some what got lost trying to find our original tracks out of creeks and trees. Didn't even try going up to Gordon/Sidney as vis was awful. Snow turned to rain around the 10km mark. If it keep dumping like it is overnight tomorrow could be a foot of fresh on top of about 12-14 inches of fresh right now. Havent ridden hunters in years and I forgot how much I love that stove, cabin was toasty warm today.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update: Rode Owlhead and blue today. Groomer went up last night and there was about 18'' covering the trail. Broke into blue and found about 24-28 inches of fresh from last nights storm. Epic doesn't even begin to describe today.

Attachments

• Jeff Stuck.jpg
    Jeff Stuck.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 287

tapex

Reaction score
Sweet! If anybody can handle 1 more send me a pm! Hangin out in salmon arm till Friday morning.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet! If anybody can handle 1 more send me a pm! Hangin out in salmon arm till Friday morning.
Sorry dude, it was a last min thing

My other plans changed and both of us had to be down early

the450kid

Reaction score
Hey Tex,
whats the parking like for owls right now? I see rain coming but thinking of brining a small enclosed?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tex,
whats the parking like for owls right now? I see rain coming but thinking of brining a small enclosed?
Well u will be driving up again now, went through set of skegs this weekend after parking at bottom lot

6.5 km is where it's not ice and starts to have snow

Will need chains and may not let u go up with trailer

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still unloading at parking lot - ground still snow / ice covered - unfortunately the trail up to about 2.5 km is not the greatest - dirt showing in alot of spots - the first 1km is really bad !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you park at 2.5 at all? supposed to go there today, but sounds ****ty?

mlins18

Reaction score
Oh u can park at 2 km, but u mine as well park at 6.5 km
Hey Tex, whata the word from Eagles Pass? Are they still logging outta there as well? Are guys still able to access it? Any word on how the snow is, in terms of rain or snow up top?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything since weekend

Yes logging still and most of the winter I bet

Parking at 4 km up to 7 km I heard

Need chains and radio to go up with truck, mandatory

mlins18

Reaction score
Gonna be coming with an enclosed, so i was just thinking of staging down at the bottom. Got radios. Just gonna ride the gravel for a bit if its allowed. Are they allowing that?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom