Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2013/14

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to arriving in Sicamous on the 16th. keep that snow falling Corrisa. Be our first time riding Sicamous staying at eagle valley lodge

You will have a blast! Rene is a great guy and knows where to take you. here is what we got last night. It's heavy down here at ground 0 but will be perfect up top.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was nice to meet you at the cabin! We will have to meet up and ride! We road eagle yesterday viz was brutal so we did not venture too far but lots of pow to be had! Was snowing bar too there was at least 15 trees and or branches on the trail coming down that were not there on the way up![/QUOTE

Ya sure could ! Meet few of snow and mud members this season! Hope to be back mid January! Just need to get those snow clouds to Dummmp !

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Blue Lake Update: As of tonight(Jan. 2), the groomer was able to groom from the Owlhead parking lot all the way to the Blue Lake cabin on the new conector trail. From the Owlhead lot, it is 17km to the branch off towards Blue Lake. it is a total of approximately 33km from the parking lot to the blue Lake Cabin. We will not be grooming from the Blue Lake parking lot until logging is complete later this month (There is still an Industrial Closure on the first 10k of the Blue Lake road during the week).

Check out www.sledsicamous.com for the latest and greatest

craig3972

Reaction score
I was in the cabin at eagles over xmas and was suprised to find a garbage can with a lid and lined with a bag - almost inviting you to throw your garbage in there. They should remove that.... too tempting.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the looks of forecast for the area - there might be some fresh !! :d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owlshead was awsome yesterday

Had to take the round about instead of skinny way too blown in, a weird super deep pockets of snow

sent while I should be drinking tea's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it's done now

The other weekend we staged from the bottom big lot

xpsledneck

Reaction score
logging has been done for a while at eagles been riding from the bottom since before x-mas should be good I am heading out tomorrow. Brapp Brapp

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
A few Sicamous Updates;

Eagle Pass: thanks to a small group of volunteers who went up to the new cabin last week with a new Bar-B-Que (strapped to the back of an XP!) and insulated the attic. We also spent some time marking the trail from the Gas drop to the cabin in preparation to extend the groomed trail. If you are up there, please track up this route as much as able to create a base for the snowcat. We aren't sure if we will be successful as there are some steep areas.

Owlhead: Thanks to another group that went up to the Owlhead cabin on Sunday. I hear that the newly installed floor looks great and that there is enough firewood cut to heat us through the winter!! Thanks for all of your efforts - I hope you got to go for a ride in the sunshine!

Blue Lake: For now, we are still accessing the Blue Lake area from the Owlhead parking lot in Sicamous using the groomed "connector trail"

Queest: The road is cleared to 6.5k for logging during the week. I was up there Sunday and was able to drive up to 6.5 no problem. During the week there is currently an industrial closure till further notice.

For all the latest and greatest, check out www.sledsicamous.com

superduty 348

Reaction score
Hey Sicamous, do you know if they still plan to try and take the groomer up to the new eagles cabin this year?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really

There back logging queest again

What a pain in the azz

oly

Reaction score
Heading to Mable lake ( buddy has a cabin there ) Feb 5 - 10th. I have never rode this area but he says we can get to Hunters from the back side from that little gas station. Is it possible to hit owls and blue lake from hunters? Just curious in case we go exploring. We all are pretty decent riders and had a chance to use this cabin and always wanted to check these aread out! P.S. How is the snow? Was in Blue river last week and it was HERO snow!! gave the ol shoulders a work out just holding on :)

Top Bottom