E tec fuel

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
So a little stunned at the pumps today. Had 68kms on my sled, the gauge said I was pretty well full so I figured the gauge was NFG but only put 16L in to fill it to the lid. WOW is that good on fuel or what??

robb

Reaction score
They are great on fuel. One thing to remember is to cycle the suspension to let the air escape from the tank. I do this about 2-3 times and get a few more litres in it every time. Depending on what angle you are sitting at when filling,you could be as low as 3/4 of a tank and have fuel up the filler neck.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
They are great on fuel. One thing to remember is to cycle the suspension to let the air escape from the tank. I do this about 2-3 times and get a few more litres in it every time. Depending on what angle you are sitting at when filling,you could be as low as 3/4 of a tank and have fuel up the filler neck.

Lol yes I do this every time. Gottaake sure I get it right full.

robb

Reaction score
Can't complain at all about the mileage. Went for a ride with the e-tec and my daughter on my cat. By the time we got home i still had a quarter of a tank. The cat went through a full tank,and we had to pour both spare tanks in it.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares about fuel mileage it depends on the riding a lot what impresses me is the oil use as its crazy expensive, the etec my buddies ride both almost double me on a regular basis, I can't say enough good about the etec motor, too bad I don't like the machine, excited to see the new chassis with the etec power plant

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they finished the break in on their machines yet? I know my dealer told me that it would use way less oil once break in is complete.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
musta worded it wrong, they use half as much oil and a bit less fuel depending on riding, I don't get how they don't detonate it's impressive, lookin forward to the new chassis, a pro rmk with the etec and 450lbs that is my wish for the next doo chapter;)

yammy1320

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
musta worded it wrong, they use half as much oil and a bit less fuel depending on riding, I don't get how they don't detonate it's impressive, lookin forward to the new chassis, a pro rmk with the etec and 450lbs that is my wish for the next doo chapter;)

Less likely to detonate with direct injection because the timing and metering of the injection is so precise.

Picked up my 2012 163X, cant wait to ride it next weekend!!! :)

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I haven't been lolly gagging with my by any means, I have been riding the piss out of it. And as far as caring about fuel mileage, well I care when I'm riding a place like silent where its 45kms to get to the alpine. Nothing I hate more than packing a 20L of fuel in and using every bit of it just to get back to the truck on fumes, I can do a lot more playing in the hills with this thing than my last sled.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad! I reread that and I get what you're saying now. I'm all screwed up from working night shift. Glad to hear they're good on fuel and oil, means more riding and less filling for me!

cooper

Reaction score
I haven't been lolly gagging with my by any means, I have been riding the piss out of it. And as far as caring about fuel mileage, well I care when I'm riding a place like silent where its 45kms to get to the alpine. Nothing I hate more than packing a 20L of fuel in and using every bit of it just to get back to the truck on fumes, I can do a lot more playing in the hills with this thing than my last sled.
What was your last sled.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be nice. I've been up 8 times this year averaging over 50$ a time plus oil. Its gonna be a spendy winter but worth every penny.

goldenboys

Reaction score
Just got a 2011 etec. Was up Quartz half day and Mt. 7 twice and only cost me 30$ to top back up. :)

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
sure gonna be nice going into silent pass this year and be able to play as hard as I possibly can and still be able to make it back to the truck at the end of the day and probably give half of my 5 gal to my buddies. LOL

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with the majority, leave the pops for the parking lot and the hot tub, too many guys get hurt when you mix the two on the hill

It's true. It happens. I was riding with my cousin who had a stock nytro last year, and I used the same amount of fuel as him.

sent from a phone

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure gonna be nice going into silent pass this year and be able to play as hard as I possibly can and still be able to make it back to the truck at the end of the day and probably give half of my 5 gal to my buddies. LOL

I'll have some cash on me for your 5 Gal!!!! My cat is a thirsty Beast!!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's true. It happens. I was riding with my cousin who had a stock nytro last year, and I used the same amount of fuel as him.

sent from a phone

Where did that other quote come from? I was trying to quote Kelly.

sent from a phone

Last edited:
Top Bottom